The International Conference on Biothreats and Biodefense (Biodefense-2012), hosted by the OMICS Group, was held during October 15-17, 2012 at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago-Northshore, USA.
Biodefense-2012, created new ideas, innovative approaches, and advanced technologies towards Biothreats and Biodefense. Several speakers from almost 15 countries have participated in this conference which was carried out through several sessions with the theme "Making Research Safer By Combating The Threats From Forms Of Life".
The conference highlighted the following topics:
The luxurious accommodation during the conference created a relaxed and informal atmosphere with a right setting for highly interactive sessions where the speakers shared their knowledge on current issues and strategies for Biothreats and Biodefense.
- Biothreats due to Infectious Diseases
- Components of Biosecurity Measures
- Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Management
- Public Health in Concern to Biothreat and Biodefense
- Biothreat Agents
- Technology Implementation in Biodefense Research
- Biodetection- Exercising the Identification of Biological Threats
- Biosurveillance- Turning Science into Tolls for Inspection
- Biosecurity- Risk Assessment, Analysis and Management
- Role of Organizations in the Implementation of Biosecurity Measures
- Environmental Biodefense – Defending Environment against Biological Terror
We take an immense pleasure in thanking our Keynote speakers Dr. Richard Jaffe, Department of Health and Human Services, USA, Kei Amemiya, Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, USA, Stef Stienstra, Royal Dutch Navy, Netherlands & Randall S. Murch, Virginia Tech University, USA.
We are grateful to all speakers, scientific societies, governmental and non-governmental institutions, professors, scientists from throughout the world for their commitment and the support. We would like to thank our Organizing Committee Members for providing advice on the agenda, and in supporting the conference.
All accepted abstracts have been indexed in OMICS Group Journal of Bioterrorism & Biodefense as a special issue.
With this huge response received from scientific fraternity, renowned personalities and Editorial Board Members of OMICS Group from across the world, we would like to announce "2nd International Conference on Biothreats and Biodefense" in Las Vegas, USA. With your overwhelming support for Biodefense-2012, we wish to pioneer a way to an outstanding event in 2013.
Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious DiseasesUSA
Department of Health and Human SciencesUSA
|Randall S. Murch
Virginia Tech UniversityUSA
Royal Dutch NavyNetherlands
Department of Health and Human Sciences
Join D Loike