alexa Hypoparathyroidism | Argentina | PDF | PPT| Case Reports | Symptoms | Treatment

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Recommended Conferences

Read more

Recommended Journals

Relevant Topics

Hypoparathyroidism

  • Share this page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • Blogger
  • Hypoparathyroidism

    Hypoparathyroidism is an uncommon disorder in which the body secretes abnormally low levels of parathyroid hormone. Hypoparathyroidism, thus, leads to abnormally low ionized calcium levels in your blood and bones and to an increase of serum phosphorus. The symptoms of hypoparathyroidism include fatigue, tingling in fingertips, toes and lips, muscle cramps, twitching of muscles, patchy hair loss, dry skin, brittle nails, seizures, anxiety.

  • Hypoparathyroidism

     Hypoparathyroidism is treated with calcium and vitamin D supplements to maintain a normal level of calcium in the blood. Vitamin D is necessary because it helps your body to absorb calcium. Also, episodes of life threatening attacks are treated with calcium given intravenously which provides quick relief of symptoms. When the life-threatening attack has been controlled, treatment continues with medicine taken by mouth.
     

  • Hypoparathyroidism

    Drawn by the Thyroid Survey Week, around 1500 individuals, out of whom 1042 met the requirement of being unaware of their previous thyroid status, gathered in the Hospital. Among admitted and palpated individuals, whose ages ranged from 2 to 85 years, 909 (87.2%) were women and 133 (12.7%) men. According to the conducted questionnaire, they were split into two groups, i.e., Random and Induced. The former, comprising 542 members, attended the survey due to mere curiosity; the latter, comprising 500 members, had individual reasons to participate, 72% claiming to have consanguineous family thyroid disease carriers, while the remaining 28% adduced a variety of causes.

 

High Impact List of Articles

Conference Proceedings

adwords