alexa Whole Animal Oxygen Consumption of Freshwater Fish

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Whole Animal Oxygen Consumption of Freshwater Fish

The use of insecticides is being increase in the recent years to control the pest in which only 1% of the pesticide applied hits the target pest while, the remaining 99% of the pesticide drifts into the environment contaminating soil, water and biota. This poses a constant threat to the non-target organisms especially to fishes; because pesticides are known to alter their behaviour pattern, growth, nutritional value and physiology. One of the early symptoms of acute pesticide poisoning is failure of respiratory metabolism. Some pesticides decrease the oxygen uptake of fish. The rate of oxygen consumption can be used as a bio-detector in monitoring the physiological effects of pesticides and the oxygen consumption pattern will indicate the possible mapping of metabolic pathways influenced by the pesticide stress. Freshwater fishes are hyperosmotic to their medium. They gain water osmotically and tend to loosed solute by diffusion. In the regulation of osmolarity of system sodium, potassium and calcium ions play a significant role to keep the hyperosmotic properties of these animals.

 
  • Share this page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • Blogger
 
adwords