Acid Related Diseases
Track 3: Acid Related Diseases
This is divided into 7 sections: the production of acid in the stomach, the regulation of gastric acid secretion, the pharmacology of acid secretion, the biology of acid-related diseases, gastric and duodenal ulcer disease, gastro esophageal reflux disease, and Helicobacter pylori. Each of these sections is extremely well written and provides historical insights into the various areas. For example, the first section point out that Paracelsus was one of the first to relate chemistry to disease; however, he was under the mistaken assumption that acid found in the stomach was ingested.
Section 2 presents an accounting of William Beaumont’s study of the gastric fistula in Alexis Saint Martin, which was the result of a gunshot wound. Also included in this section is the accounting of Pavlov’s delineation of vagal function in relation to the GI tract. Other important milestones of gastric physiology that are recounted include Codes’ study of the relationship of histamine to gastric secretion and the work of Bayless and Starling in identifying the hormone secretin.
In Section 2, gastric acid secretion and its neural and endocrine regulation is covered in a comprehensive manner as are all aspects of parietal cell function.
The history of the therapeutic approach to acid-related diseases is detailed in Section 3 and includes the Sippy diet, antacids, sulfated polysaccharide (sulcralfate), histamine H2 receptor antagonists, and proton pump inhibitors along with surgery.
Section 4 deals with the barrier function of the upper GI tract, intragastric pH, pepsin, intrinsic factor, and regulation of the growth of gastric epithelium.
The final section deals with Helicobacter pylori and covers its well-known history and the consequences of gastric colonization along, with the pathogenesis and treatment options
2nd International Conference on Digestive Diseases, December 07-08, 2017, Madrid, Spain; Gastroenterology Conferences; 12th Global Gastroenterologists Meeting, March 15-16, 2018, Barcelona, Spain; 6th World Congress on Hepatitis Conferences, April 09-11, 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands; Gastro Conferences 2018; 6th World Congress on Liver Diseases Conferences, April 09-11, 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands; Endoscopy Conferences; 12th International Conference on Abdominal Imaging Conferences April 09-10, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands; Hepatitis Conferences; 12th International Conference on Endoscopy Conferences, April 09-10, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands; 6th International Hepatology Conferences, May 28-29, 2018, Osaka, Japan; Gastroenterology Conferences; 13th Euro-Global Gastroenterology Conferences, August 20-21, 2018, Rome, Italy; 3rd International Pancreatic Cancer Conferences, June 11-13, 2018, Rome, Italy; Gastro Conferences 2018; 13th International Clinical Gastroenterology Conferences, December 07-08, 2017; 13th International Hepatology Conferences, December 07-08, 2017; 3rd International Colorectal Cancer Conferences, February 26-27, 2018, Paris, France; Hepatitis Conferences; 8th International Hepatology Conferences, July 5-7, 2018, Vienna, Austria; 14th International Gastroenterology Education Conferences, August 02-04, 2018, Barcelona, Spain; Gastroenterology Conferences; 13th Pediatric Gastroenterology Conferences, August 02-04, 2018, Barcelona, Spain; Canadian Digestive Diseases Conferences, February 9-12, 2018, Toronto, Canada; 13th European Colitis Organization Conferences, February 14- February 17, 2018, Vienna, Austria; Endoscopy Conferences 2018; ESMO Sarcoma and GIST Symposium, February 5-7, 2018, Milan, Italy; 13th European Crohn's Conferences, February 14- February 17, 2018, Vienna, Austria; Hepatitis Conferences; 23rd Canadian Digestive Disease Week (CDDW), February 9-12, 2018, Toronto, Canada; 25th United European Gastroenterology Week (UEGW), October 28 - November 1, 2017, Barcelona, Spain; Gastro Conferences; Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2018, Kapalua, HI US, February 26, 2018 to March 2, 2018.
USA and Canada: American Gastroenterological Association, Canadian Association of Gastroenterology, North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology, Canadian Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates, Florida Gastroenterological Society, Ontario Association of Gastroenterology, Alabama Gastroenterological Society, Comparative Gastroenterology Society, American Neuro-gastroenterology and Motility Society.
European Union and UK: British Society of Gastroenterology, European Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Nurses and Associates, European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Scottish Society of Gastroenterology, British Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, European Society of Coloproctology, European Helicobacter and Microbiota Study Group, European Society of Neuro-gastroenterology and Motility, European Society for Diseases of the Esophagus, European Society of Comparative Gastroenterology, European Society for Primary Care Gastroenterology, Norwegian Gastroenterological Association
Asia-Pacific and Middle East: Gastroenterological Society of Australia, Gastroenterological Association of Thailand (GAT), Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Philippine Society of Gastroenterology, Society for Gastroenterology & Hepatology in Nigeria, Gastroenterological Society of Taiwan.
Related Conference of Acid Related Diseases
Acid Related Diseases Conference Speakers
- Acid Related Diseases
- Bariatric Surgery
- Changing Trends in Etiology of Liver diseases
- Clinical Advances in Liver Diseases
- Clinical and Radiographic Gastrointestinal Abnormalities
- Developing treatment for Viral Hepatitis and Fibrosis of Liver
- Diabetes and hepatocellular carcinoma
- Emerging Trends in Clinical Research of Liver diseases
- Endoscopic Innovations in Gastroenterology and surgery
- Epigenetics of gastrointestinal diseases
- Esophageal disease
- Gallbladder and biliary tract Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Disorders and Drug Delivery
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Gastrointestinal Radiology and Imaging
- Helicobacter Pylori Treatment
- Hepatitis B treatment Patterns
- Intestinal Metaproteomics and Type 1 Diabetes
- Microbiota and diseases
- Neuro Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Pediatric gastrointestinal problems
- Therapies in Pancreatic cancer
Are you interested in
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology & Hepatology - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Colorectal Disease: Treatments & Diagnosis - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Gene Expression in Liver - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Hepatic Pathology - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Hepatitis - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Hepato-Biliary Diseases - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Hepato-Cardiac and Pulmonary Disorders - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Hepato-Nephrology - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Liver Cancer - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Liver Disease and Pregnancy - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Liver Imaging Modalities - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Liver Inflammation and Immunology - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Liver Regeneration - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Liver Transplantation and Surgery - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Neurology and Liver Disease - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)
- Pediatric and Geriatric Hepatology - Liver Congress 2018 (UAE)