Acute Stress Disorder
Stress affects most people in some way. Acute stress disorders leads to rapid changes throughout the body. Almost all body systems (the heart and blood vessels, immune system, lungs, digestive system, sensory organs, and brain) gear up to meet perceived danger.
These stress responses could prove beneficial in a critical, life-or-death situation. Over time, however, repeated stressful situations put a strain on the body that may contribute to physical and psychological problems. Chronic (long-term) stress can have real health consequences and should be addressed like any other health concern.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a reaction to a very traumatic event, and it is typically classified as an anxiety disorder. The event that brings on PTSD is usually outside the norm of human experience, such as intense combat or sexual assault. The patient struggles to forget the trauma and frequently develops emotional numbness and event-related amnesia. Often, however, there is a mental flashback, and the patient re-experiences the painful circumstance in the form of dreams and disturbing thoughts and memories. These thoughts and dreams resemble or recall the trauma. Other symptoms may include a lack of pleasure in previously enjoyed activities, hopelessness, irritability, mood swings, sleep problems, inability to concentrate, and an excessive startle-response to noise.
Fortunately, research is showing that lifestyle changes and stress-reduction techniques can help people manage stress.
- Acute Stress Disorder - PTSD
- Acute Stress Disorder in Children
- Acute Stress Disorder Symptoms
- Diagnosis for acute stress reaction
- Prognosis of acute stress disorders
- Acute stress disorder DSM 5
- Therapies of acute stress
Related Conference of Acute Stress Disorder
Acute Stress Disorder Conference Speakers
Are you interested in
- Diagnosis of spinal disorders - (Italy)
- Medications for spinal disorders - (Italy)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery - (Italy)
- Spina Bifida - (Italy)
- Spinal Cord Injury - (Italy)
- Spinal disc herniation - (Italy)
- Spinal Stenosis - (Italy)
- Spine - (Italy)
- Spine deformity - (Italy)
- Spine health - (Italy)
- Spine Tumor - (Italy)
- Spondylolisthesis - (Italy)
- Syringomyelia - (Italy)
- Whiplash - (Italy)