Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes

Blood glucose (blood sugar) monitoring is the main tool you have to check your diabetes control. This check tells you your blood glucose level at any one time. The artificial pancreas bridges the gap between two pieces of diabetes technology that already exist: the insulin pump and the continuous glucose monitor (CGM). Relatively, a large percentage of world population is affected by diabetes mellitus, out of which approximately 5-10% with type 1 diabetes while the remaining 90% with type 2. Insulin administration is essential for type 1 patients while it is required at later stage by the patients of type 2. Current insulin delivery systems are available as transdermal injections which may be considered as invasive. Several non-invasive approaches for insulin delivery are being pursued by pharmaceutical companies to reduce the pain, and hypoglycemic incidences associated with injections in order to improve patient compliance.

  • Insulin pumps and insulin infusion systems
  • Insulin secretion in vitro and exocytosis
  • Insulin Pens and novel Insulin delivery techniques
  • Acupuncture for diabetic complications
  • Bariatric surgery versus intensive medical and conventional therapy
  • Artificial pancreas
  • Glucose sensors (invasive and non-invasive)
  • Implantable pumps and sensors
  • Closed-loop system and algorithm
  • Informatics in the service of medicine; telemedicine, software and other technologies
  • New insulin delivery systems: Inhaled, transdermal, and implanted devices
  • Blood glucose monitoring: Glucose pumps and sensors
  • IPR and socio issues in diabetes research

Related Conference of Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes

December 04-05, 2017

25th Global Diabetes Summit and Medicare Expo

Dubai, UAE
March 8-9, 2018

17th Global Diabetes Conference & Nursing Care

| Paris, France
May 23-24, 2018

11th Diabetologists Conference

New York, USA
June 20-21, 2018

27th European Diabetes Congress

| Rome, Italy
July 16-17, 2018 Sydney, Australia

20th Asia Pacific Diabetes Conference

July 25-26, 2018

Global Meeting on Diabetes and Endocrinology

Kualalumpur, Malaysia
August 20-21, 2018

28th World Congress on Diabetes, Obesity & Heart

Tokyo, Japan
September 03-04, 2018

2nd International Conference on Thyroid and Pregnancy

Auckland, New Zealand
September 3-4, 2018

11th World Congress on Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders

Auckland, New Zealand
September 13-15, 2018

26th International Diabetes and Healthcare Conference

| Bucharest, Romania
November 26-27, 2018

13th European Diabetes and Endocrinology Congress

Dublin, Ireland

Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes Conference Speakers

Recommended Sessions

Related Journals

Are you interested in