Manufacturing and checking out of motors is the primary operation of the global automotive industry. The manufacturing method of car incorporates mechanical engineers, industrial engineers, manufacturing engineers etc., who utilize topics like superior vehicle manufacturing technologies, Superior Materials, Multi-Material Design and Concepts, Applications of Composite substances, value-effective light-weighting strategies, Joining Technologies etc. The testing and diagnosis of automobiles is far extra related to areas which include Product and performance Development, Vehicle Testing Technologies etc.
The automotive industry is a wide range of companies and organizations involved in the design,development, manufacturing, marketing, and selling of motor vehicles.It is one of the world's most important economic sectors by revenue. The automotive industry does not include industries dedicated to the maintenance of automobiles following delivery to the end-user, such as automobile repair shops and motor fuel filling stations.The term automotive was created from Greek autos (self), and Latin motivus (of motion) to represent any form of self-powered vehicle. This term was proposed by SAE member Elmer Sperry.
- Product and Performance Development
- Advanced Vehicle Manufacturing Technologies
- Multi and Advanced Material Designs and Concepts
- Recyclable materials in manufacturing
- Applications of Composite and lightweighting Materials and alloys
- Cost-Effective Light-weighting Strategies
- Joining Technologies
- Materials, components, and Vehicle Testing Technologies. Fitness for service certification
- Advanced Information Technology Solutions for Automotive manufacturing
- Stress characterization in engine, suspension, and body components