Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Biomedical Devices
The modern field of biomaterials combines biology, medicine, chemistry, physics, and also more recent impacts from tissue engineering and material science. The field has developed significantly in the past decade because of innovations in regenerative medicine and tissue engineering.
Biomaterials, for example, bone substitutes and collagen layers, are utilized regularly in regenerative dentistry as well as for bone and ligament regeneration in orthopaedics.
Recently, scientists developed an injectable, engineered biomaterial that reversed type 1 diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice. Researchers are also investigating the improvement of supramolecular biomaterials that can be turned on or off in response to physiological indications or that mimic regular biological signalling.
Biomaterials can be reengineered into formed or machined parts, coatings, filaments, foams and fabrics for use in biomedical devices. These may incorporate heart valves, hip joint substitutions, dental implants, or contact lens. The biodegradable and bio-absorbable property of biomaterials made them to dispose of step by step from the body in the wake of fulfilling a function.
- Smart Polymers
- Tissue Engineering
- Biomedical Imaging
Related Conference of Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Biomedical Devices
Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Biomedical Devices Conference Speakers
- Advanced Biofuels & Biochemicals
- Biogas & Landfill Gas
- Biomass Power & Thermal
- Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering and Biomedical Devices
- Biophotonics and Biomedical Optics
- Ceramics,Composite Materials and Glass
- Dielectric, Magnetic and Optical Materials
- Food Nanotechnology
- Future Applications of Nanotechnologies and Biomaterials
- Green Materials
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Metallurgy, Corrosion and Mining
- Nano Bio Medicine
- Nanoscale Materials
- Nanotechnology in Electronics and Energy Production
- Polymer Science and Technology
- Reuse and Recycling of Materials