Brain Tumor Diagnosis
The following are the steps involved in Brain Tumor Diagnosis;
· A neurological exam: A neurological exam may include, among other things, checking your vision, hearing, balance, coordination, strength and reflexes. Difficulty in one or more areas may provide clues about the part of your brain that could be affected by a brain tumor.
· Imaging tests: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is commonly used to help diagnose brain tumors. In some cases a dye may be injected through a vein in your arm during your MRI study.
A number of specialized MRI scan components — including functional MRI, perfusion MRI and Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
· Tests to find cancer in other parts of your body: If it's suspected that your Brain tumor may be a result of Cancer that has spread from another area of your body, your doctor may recommend tests and procedures to determine where the cancer originated. One example might be a CT scan of the chest to look for signs of Lung Cancer.
· Collecting and testing a sample of abnormal tissue (biopsy): A Biopsy can be performed as part of an operation to remove the Brain tumor, or a Biopsy can be performed using a needle.
A stereotactic needle biopsy may be done for brain tumors in hard to reach areas or very sensitive areas within your brain that might be damaged by a more extensive operation. Your Neurosurgeon drills a small hole into your skull. A thin needle is then inserted through the hole. Tissue is removed using the needle, which is frequently guided by CT or MRI scanning.
The Biopsy sample is then viewed under a microscope to determine if it is cancerous or benign. This information is critical to establish a diagnosis and prognosis and, most importantly, in guiding treatment.
- Neurologic Exam
- CT Scan
- Spinal Tap
Related Conference of Brain Tumor Diagnosis
Brain Tumor Diagnosis Conference Speakers
- Treatment of Cancer Related Complications
- Advancements in Brain Tumor
- Advancements in Neuro-Oncology
- Brain Tumor
- Brain Tumor Diagnosis
- Brainstem Glioma
- Choroid Plexus Tumor
- Medical Treatment of Metastatic Cancer to the Nervous System
- Metastatic Cancer
- Neuro Pharmacology and Neuro Toxicology
- Neuro Psychology and Neuropsychiatry
- Neurosurgical Oncology
- Novel Therapies in Neuro-Oncology
- Para Neoplastic Neurological Syndrome
Are you interested in
- Diagnosis of spinal disorders - (Italy)
- Medications for spinal disorders - (Italy)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery - (Italy)
- Spina Bifida - (Italy)
- Spinal Cord Injury - (Italy)
- Spinal disc herniation - (Italy)
- Spinal Stenosis - (Italy)
- Spine - (Italy)
- Spine deformity - (Italy)
- Spine health - (Italy)
- Spine Tumor - (Italy)
- Spondylolisthesis - (Italy)
- Syringomyelia - (Italy)
- Whiplash - (Italy)