Construction technology is a related field that deals more with the practical aspects of projects. Construction technologists or construction technicians learn some of the design aspects similar to civil engineers and some of the project site management aspects similar to construction managers. These technicians are unique such that they are a cross between civil engineers and construction managers. It deals with the designing, planning, construction, and management of infrastructures such as roads, tunnels, bridges, airports, railroads, facilities, buildings, dams, utilities and other projects.
- Advanced construction technologies
- Building information modeling(BBM)
- Construction materials
- Advanced design techniques
- Cost Estimation
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique(PERT)
- Construction materials and management