Current Research in Psoriasis & Perioperative Care
Scientists will use the samples for research that hopes to uncover the unknowns about the genetics of psoriatic disease and its causes. Scientists have uncovered links between certain genes and psoriasis susceptibility, there is still much to discover about psoriatic disease and its causes. According to medical researchers they have identified approximately half of the genes that predispose individuals to developing psoriasis. New psoriasis biomarkers, which will allow doctors in the future to determine how an individual’s psoriasis will behave and which medications will work best.
With the worldwide prevalence of psoriasis estimated at nearly 14 million people in 2004, there is increasing demand for therapeutics that control disease symptoms with greater efficacy and longer time duration, treat the disease on a much more comprehensive level, and improve the quality of life for patients.
The worldwide psoriasis therapeutics market is estimated to reach $1.085B in 2004 and will continue to grow at a compound annual rate of 23.6% to reach approximately $3.12B worldwide by 2009. Growth will be driven by the introduction of several biologic immunosuppressives along with Amgen's currently available Enbrel, Biogen Idec's Amevive, and Genentech and XOMA's Raptiva.
There are no long-term effective therapies for Psoriasis (PsO), so this remains at the top of the list for unmet needs. While physicians agree that biologics are relatively safe and effective, these therapies are still lacking because of their immunosuppressant nature and lack of understanding as to their exact mechanism of action.
- Genes and psoriasis risk
- Genetic research and psoriasis treatments
- Role of skin cells in psoriasis
- New psoriasis genes
Related Conference of Current Research in Psoriasis & Perioperative Care
Current Research in Psoriasis & Perioperative Care Conference Speakers
- Auto Immune Skin Conditions
- Common Skin Infections
- Complications in Psoriasis
- Current Research in Psoriasis & Perioperative Care
- Entrepreneur Investment meet
- Internal Medicine and Psoriasis
- Management and Methodology of Psoriasis
- Psoriasis - A Multi Organ Disease
- Psoriasis - Classification
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Psoriasis in childrens, adults and adolescence
- Psoriasis: Causes and Symptoms
- Psoriasis: Diagnosis and Treatment