Dental Surgeries & Innovations
Dental Surgery is surgery of the teeth and jaw bones. There are several reasons why people choose and undergo a dental surgery. Dental surgery is directly related to the dental and oral health and care. There are different types of dental surgeries. The dental surgeries are performed by a qualified Dental and Oral health Surgeon. Root canal treatments and Extractions also come under dental surgeries; these however can be conducted by a dentist in a clinic.
Different types of dental surgries:
Endodontics (surgery involving the pulp or root of the tooth) Root canal.
Pulpotomy: The opening of the pulp chamber of the tooth to acquiesce an infection to drain, usually a precursor to a root canal
Pulpectomy: The removal of the pulp from the pulp chamber to transiently relieve pain; usually a precursor to a root canal.
Apicoectomy : A root-end resection. Sometimes a root canal alone will not be enough to relieve pain and the end of the tooth called the apex that will be detached by entering through the gingiva and surgically obtaining the diseased material.
Crowns or Caps: Artificial coverings.
Veneers: Artificial coverings similar to above, except that they only cover the forth (labial or buccel) shallow of the tooth, usually for aesthetic purposes only.
Bridges: A fixed prosthesis in which more than two crowns are connected together, which replace a missing tooth or teeth through a bridge. Normally used after an extraction.
Implants: A procedure in which a titanium implant is surgically placed in the bone (mandible or maxilla), allowed to heal and 4–6 months later an artificial tooth is connected to the implant by cement or by a screw.
Dentures (false teeth): A partial or complete set of dentition which either attached to neighboring teeth using a metal or plastic grasps or to the gingival or palatal surface by with the help of adhesive.
Orthodontics: Also called orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics
Implants and implant-supported prosthesis: Also a type of orthodontic treatment as it involves bones
Extraction: A procedure in which a diseased, redundant, or problematic tooth is removed either by pulling or cutting off. This procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia and is very common. Many people have their wisdom teeth removed before they become problematic.
Fiberotomy: A procedure to cut off the fibers around a tooth, preventing it from relapsing
Periodontics: It also one of the specialties of dentistry that deals with supporting structures of teeth, as well as diseases and conditions that affect them.
Cosmetic Dental Surgeries: Deals with the misalignment of the jaws or the dental implants.
- Procedures and methods
- Techniques and experience
- Technology and innovations
- Complications in surgery
- Management of cleft lip and palate
Related Conference of Dental Surgeries & Innovations
June 25-26, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
July 20-21, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
September 10-11, 2018
September 21-22, 2018 |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Sept 24-25, 2018
Montreal | Quebec | Canada
October 24-25, 2018
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Dental Surgeries & Innovations Conference Speakers
- Dental and Oral Health
- Dental Implants
- Dental Marketing
- Dental Surgeries & Innovations
- Dental Tools and Treatment Techniques
- Endodontics and Hypnodontics
- Holistic dentistry
- Nanodentistry and Technology
- Oral Diseases and Treatments
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pediatric Dentistry and Dental Nursing
- Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics
- Sports Dentistry
Are you interested in
- Cosmetic Dentistry - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dental Biomaterial Science - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dental Case Reports - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dental Implantology & Grafting - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dental Nursing - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dental Practice Growth (Management and Marketing) - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dental Sleep Medicine - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Dentistry in Stem Cell Regeneration and Repair - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Digital Dentistry and Dental Radiography-Diagnosis and Prevention of Oral Diseases - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Endodontics and Periodontology - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Forensic Dentistry and Dental Anthropology - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Future Trends in Dentistry - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Nutrition and Oral Health - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Oral Cancer - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Oral Pathology and Orofacial Myology - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Pediatric Dentistry - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Sports Dentistry - Dentistry 2018 (USA)
- Tools and Techniques in Dentistry - Dentistry 2018 (USA)