Engineering and Operations Management
Operations Management deals with the design and management of products, processes, services and supply chains. It considers the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources that firms need to deliver the goods and services their clients want. The purvey of OM ranges from strategic to tactical and operational levels. Representative strategic issues include determining the size and location of manufacturing plants, deciding the structure of service or telecommunications networks, and designing technology supply chains. Tactical issues include plant layout and structure, project management methods, and equipment selection and replacement. Operational issues include production scheduling and control, inventory management, quality control and inspection, traffic and materials handling, and equipment maintenance policies.
Operations management is an area of management concerned with overseeing, designing, and controlling the process of production and redesigning business operations in the production of goods or services. It refers to the management of the production system that transforms inputs into finished goods and services.
Product management is an organizational lifecycle function within a company dealing with the planning, forecasting, and production, or marketing of a product or products at all stages of the product life cycle
Materials management The goal is to provide an unbroken chain of components for production to manufacture goods on time for the customer base. The materials department is charged with releasing materials to a supply base, ensuring that the materials are delivered on time to the company using the correct carrier. Materials is generally measured by accomplishing on time delivery to the customer. The materials department is also charged with the responsibility of managing new launches.
- Operations management/research
- Applications of Operation Research
- OR ( Operation Research ) Models and Methods
- Production and Materials Management
Related Conference of Engineering and Operations Management
Engineering and Operations Management Conference Speakers
Are you interested in
- 5G and Beyond - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Aerospace Design & Industry. - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Communication Satellite - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Evolution of Wireless Communication - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Exoplanet - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Future Path for Telecom Sector - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Global Navigation System - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Internet of Things (IoT) - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Modes of wireless communication - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Next Gen Wireless Communication - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Space Climate - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)
- Space Communications and Navigation - Euro Satcomm 2020 (France)