Ergonomics and Innovation
Ergonomics could be characterized as the part of science that targets accomplishing an ideal fitting of the work environment and occupation exercises to the specialist.
Industrial ergonomics could be defined as the branch of science that aims at achieving an optimal fitting of the work environment and job activities to the worker. The work environment can affect a worker’s performance in many different ways varying from health damage to effects that reduce the individual’s ability to perform a task or those that cause dissatisfaction and uncooperative attitudes. The scope of ergonomics include physical work load, posture at work, lifting and carrying, machine-human system interaction, but also lighting, thermal comfort and noise. It deals with the assessment of human’s capabilities and limitations, work and environmental stress, static and dynamic forces on the human body structure, fatigue, etc.
The objectives of the study of ergonomics are to enhance the incorporation of man and machine in order to improve the work rate and accuracy.
It involves the design of:
- A work place be fitting the requirements of the work power.
- Machinery, Equipment and control devices in such a way so as to minimize physical and mental stress on the people/labourers there by improving the productivity.
In spite of the fact that both Ergonomics and work study are complimentary and attempt to fit man to his machine or to fit the activity to the labourers, in any case, ergonomics furthermore deals with elements governing physical and mental strain.
Importance of Ergonomics:
Ergonomics assumes a crucial job in improving profitability. However, it is actuality that ergonomics itself doesn't produce anything. However, if exploited as on imperative apparatus/work in industry, it is equipped for producing significant results. Significance of ergonomics as logical order is improving with automation as vital technique for endurance. It is of extraordinary use for creation/Industrial designers and work study specialists.
The methodology in this system is that the issue structure the point that the equipment and work places should be designed around capabilities of workmen. Accordingly it is that element of work study procedure where the point is fitting the work to man and hence motivating man to work. Therefore ergonomics occupies same importance as designing of the product itself in the field of industrial productivity. It plays a important role in research , product development and design, management plus human factors engineering/ ergonomics should go in hard for improving the productivity in industry.
- Physical Ergonomics
- Cognitive Ergonomics
- Organizational Ergonomics
Related Conference of Ergonomics and Innovation
Ergonomics and Innovation Conference Speakers
- Advanced Bio manufacturing and Laser Processing Technologies
- Advanced Robotics Technologies and Flexible Automation
- Big data analytics
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Decision Analysis and Methods
- E-Businesses and E-Commerce
- E-Businesses and E-Commerce
- Engineering Economy and Cost Analysis
- Ergonomics and Innovation
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Healthcare Systems and Management
- Industrial engineering and systems management
- Industry management and Quality Engineering
- Information Processing and Engineering
- Manufacturing Models, Planning and Scheduling
- Materials characterization
- Mechatronics, Robotics and Telecommunications
- Operations Research and Supply Chain Management
- Production Planning and Control
- Project Management
- Quality Control and Construction Management
- Reliability and maintenance engineering
- Safety, security and risk management
- Systems Modelling &Simulation