Formulating Materials Chemistry
Materials science and pharmaceutical chemistry are disciplines at the intersection of chemistry, especially synthetic organic chemistry, and pharmacology and various other biological specialties, where they are involved with design, electrochemical synthesis and development for market of pharmaceutical agents, or bio-active molecules (drugs).
Compounds used as medicines are most often organic compounds, which are often divided into the classes of small organic molecules (e.g., atorvastatin) and "biologics" (erythropoietin, insulin), the latter of which are most often medicinal preparations of proteins (natural and recombinant antibodies, hormones, etc.). Inorganic and organic compounds are also useful as drugs (e.g., lithium and platinum-based agents such as lithium carbonate and cis-platin.
Identification of new drugs, often called "hits", which are typically found by assay of compounds for a desired biological activity. Further synthesis of the formulations needs the analysis of SAR for the desired mechanism of action. If not chemical alterations of excipients in formulations can be done for better effects. Biomaterials are used to treat joint replacements, heart valves, breast implants.
It explores fundamental biological mechanisms and molecules of therapeutic relevance for better health, empowered by novel technologies at the interface of chemistry, physics, and computational sciences. Materials Chemistry in Pharmacy leads to new drug research, including: methods of synthesis; results of pharmacological, toxicological, and biochemical studies; investigation of structure - activity relationships in prediction of new compounds and so on. The ultimate goal is to develop new formulations with effective use of materials.
- Preparation of chemical formulations
- Mechanism of action of materials in formulations
- Altering the action by using as excipients in formulations
- Treatment of current diseases using prototype materials
- Effects of materials in formulations
Related Conference of Formulating Materials Chemistry
Formulating Materials Chemistry Conference Speakers
- Applied Materials Chemistry
- Current Innovations in Materials Chemistry
- Formulating Materials Chemistry
- Insilico Materials Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry and Physics
- Materials Chemistry in Developing Areas
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Materials Synthesis and Characterization
- Polymer Materials and Technology
- Regenerative Materials Chemistry
- Research Aspects of Materials Chemistry
- Role of Graphene in Advanced Materials