Heart Diseases and Heart Failure
Acute coronary syndrome is sudden decrease in blood flow to heart typically caused by coronary artery disease. Symptoms include chest pain, shortness of breath, sweating, vomiting, sudden weakness and pain, also irregular heartbeat. When arteries are blocked heart does not get enough oxygen and causes angina and heart attack.
CVDs include diseases of the heart, vascular diseases of the brain and diseases of blood vessels. CVDs are responsible for over 17.3 million deaths per year and are the leading causes of death in the world .The different types of CVDs are listed below.
Atherosclerosis: Ischaemic heart disease or coronary artery disease, Cerebrovascular disease, Diseases of the aorta and arteries, including hypertension and peripheral vascular disease. Other CVDs are Congenital heart disease, Rheumatic heart disease, Cardiomyopathies, Cardiac arrhythmias.
Coronary Heart Disease: Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) is the most common form of heart disease. It occurs when the arteries supplying blood to the heart narrow or harden from the build-up of plaque. Plaque is made up of fat, cholesterol and other substances found in the blood. The location of the plaque determines the type of heart disease.
- Coronary artery disease is the accumulation of plaque in the arteries supplying blood to the heart.
- Peripheral artery diseaseis the accumulation of plaque in the arteries supplying blood to the arms and legs.
- Carotid artery diseaseis the accumulation of plaque in the arteries that supply blood to the brain.
- Coronary catheterization
- Coronary interventions
- Coronary artery atherosclerosis
- Aortic aneurysm
- Coronary thrombosis
Related Conference of Heart Diseases and Heart Failure
Heart Diseases and Heart Failure Conference Speakers
- Biomarkers and Enzymes for Heart Disease
- Cardiac Arrhythmias and Clinical Electrophysiology (EP)
- Cardiac Pharmacology
- Cardiac Regeneration and Repair
- Cardiac Surgery and Angiography
- Cardiorenal Syndromes
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Case Study on Cardiology
- Clinical Trials in Cardiology
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Diabetes and Cardio Metabolic Disease
- Diet and Heart Disease
- Entrepreneurs Investment Meet
- Heart Diseases and Heart Failure
- Obesity and Heart
- Pediatric Heart Diseases → Surgery and Transplant
- Research on Cardiology