Investigative Dermatology

Investigative dermatology is a branch of scientific research that deals exclusively with skin biology and different skin, nail, and scalp conditions. Investigative dermatologists are doctors who devote their careers not to patient interaction, but rather to pharmaceutical or treatment-based research. Research into skin conditions, cures, and new medicines is the mainstay of investigative dermatology work. The scientists in dermatology labs study problems with nails, skin irritations, and scalp conditions, among other things. They look for medical treatments and cures by experimenting with chemical compounds, running test groups and medical trials, and often doing research on animals. One of their main goals is to use science to get to the bottom of human skin problems. The work done in investigative dermatology labs furthers two distinct, but related goals. First, it furthers medical knowledge, keeping the field of dermatology sharp and cutting-edge. Second, it promotes the quality of life of skin care patients by striving to understand new conditions and seeking always to provide the fastest, most effective relief. Many skin lotions and creams — certainly all of those available only with a prescription — are products of pharmaceutical and consumer-facing organizations.

About 75.0% of physicians are located in metropolitan areas, while the remaining 25.0% are located in rural areas. As of 2012, there were 9,641 practicing dermatologists in the United States. The number of people who used a skin doctor (dermatologist) within the last 12 months in the United States (USA) from spring 2008 to spring 2014. In spring 2008, the number of people who have shown doctor (dermatologist) within a period of 12 months amounted to around 28.93 million.

  • Genome Editing in Investigative Dermatology
  • Application of CRISPR-Cas9
  • Research Techniques
  • Evolutionary relationship between human and fish AMPs
  • Investigative studies with PDT in dermatologic and plastic surgery
  • Physics of light sources: Applications in Clinical and Investigative Dermatology
  • Applications of nanotechnology in dermatology
  • Practical applications of the Quantimet 720
  • Biochemistry and biophysics related to dermatology

Related Conference of Investigative Dermatology

Investigative Dermatology Conference Speakers