Marine Geology and GIS application
Marine geology or geological oceanography is the study of the history and structure of the ocean floor. It involves geophysical, geochemical, sediment logical and paleontological investigations of the ocean floor and coastal zone. Marine geology has strong ties to physical oceanography.
Marine geological studies were of extreme importance in providing the critical evidence for sea floor spreading and plate tectonics in the years following World War II. The deep ocean floor is the last essentially unexplored frontier and detailed mapping in support of both military objectives and economic objectives drives the research i.e. in Petroleum Field.
The physical, biological and social resources of our coastal and marine environment threatened by new global warming system have raised many questions. In terrestrial realm GIS has been widely used and applied to assist in precision management of agriculture, forestry, urban planning, business, and national defense. There is now equally strong demand for precision management of coastal and marine resources. The development of protected marine area which requires scientists and managers to asses’ resources usage having area time approach. So spatial as well as temporal approach needed. It requires having balance between optimum usage of resources and biological conservation. Marine GIS has wide range of applications and can be categorized as coastal, oceanographic, and fisheries. Oceanography describes mapping and measurement of major oceans and fisheries concern with management process of fisheries.
Related Conferences: Oceanography Conferences | Oceanography Meetings | Marine Science Conferences | Marine Biology Conferences:
3rd International Conference on Geo Sciences, October 13-14, 2018, Canada | 9th International Conference on Reduce, Reuse and Recycling, December 12-13, 2018, Canada | 2nd International conference on Ecology and Ecosystem, September 15-16, 2018 | 4th Annual Congress on Pollution and Global Warming November 15-16, 2018 | 20th International Conference on Oceanography March 12-13, 2018 | 12th International Conference on Oceanography & Marine Biology, June 28-29, 2018.
Related Conference of Marine Geology and GIS application
Marine Geology and GIS application Conference Speakers
Are you interested in
- Architectural Engineering - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Coastal Engineering - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Earthquakes - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Electrical Resistivity - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Electromagnetic Methods of Geophysics - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Exploration Seismology - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Geotechnical Engineering - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Global Geophysics - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Heat Flow and Geothermic - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Magnetic and Gravity Methods - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Mineralogy - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Oil and Gas - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Petrology - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Soil Mechanism - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Structural and Civil Engineering - Geophysics 2017 (USA)
- Tectonics and Crustal Evolution - Geophysics 2017 (USA)