Mental Health Statistics
In USA, 75% of adults continue to report moderate to high levels of stress. 10-15% of population remains depressed at any given time of the year. 80% of workers feel stress on job. Nearly 60% Chinese employees feel stress at workplace with the highest rise of 86%. Alarmingly 91% of Australians feel stress in at least one important aspect of their lives that costs approximately $14.2 billion to Australian economy. In 2007/08, an estimated 442,000 individuals in Britain experienced work-related stress that cost £28.3 billion per year.
According to the Fourth European Working Conditions Survey, stress was experienced by approximately 22% of workers from European Union. The highest level of stress was reported in Greece (55%), and then in Slovenia, Sweden (38%), and Latvia (37%). Lowest stress levels were noted in the United Kingdom (12%), Germany, Ireland, and Netherlands (16%). In Czech Republic (17%), and in France and Bulgaria (18%).
Mental Health Projects receive funding from various foundations across the globe. Baxter International Foundation, Hogg foundation- USA, Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation- USA, Irish Hospice Foundation- Belgium, De Overmolen- Ireland, Samusocial- Belgium are few of them.
Major antidepressant producing industries i.e. Eli Lilly, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer etc. are investing and generating good revenues.
Stress is most prevalent in the education and health sectors, as well as in agriculture, hunting, forestry & fishing. 42.9% workers from financial intermediation sector, 29% clerks and 24% technicians consulted a doctor most often about stress-related health issues. Symptoms diagnosed were difficulty in getting to sleep or sleeping badly, headaches, dizziness, and so forth. MEDLINE, Spanish journals, reference lists, national databases, and European and Spanish official documents describe the current state of the MHCS that reveals the existence of great variability among the autonomous communities with respect to mental health resources and provision of care.
Currently, various Associations and Foundations are funding Mental Health Projects in Spain. Associacion Espanola de Neuropsiquiatria (AEN), FEAFES, Fundacion Intras, Fundacion Mundo Bipolar, Associacion Nacional de Enfermeria en Salud Mental Andalusian School of Public Health (EASP), ANAR Foundation etc. Also many Universities are providing a valuable support in the field of stress management. University of the Basque Country, University of Barcelona, University of Valencia are few of them.
- Individual, Social, and Economic health impacts
- Majorly affected Countries and Communities
- Stress management activities
Related Conference of Mental Health Statistics
Mental Health Statistics Conference Speakers
Are you interested in
- Back Pain and Spine - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Case Reports - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Entrepreneurs Investment Meet - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Lumbar Spine - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Osteoporosis and Spine - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Pain Management - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Sciatica - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Scoliosis Spine - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spina Bifida - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spinal Cord - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spinal Disorders Test - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spinal Stenosis - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spine - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spine Surgery - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spine Therapy - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spine Tumors - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Spondylolisthesis - Spine 2017 (Italy)
- Whiplash and Spine - Spine 2017 (Italy)