Novel Therapeutic Approaches in Treating Ocular Diseases
There is an impelling need to develop effective therapeutic strategies for patients with retinal disorders. From the past two decades on the mechanisms governing degeneration of the retina, it is now possible to devise innovative therapies based on retinal gene transfer. In gene transfer method we can correct the specific genetic defect in inherited retinal diseases, strategies to delay the onset of blindness independently of the disease-causing mutations and strategies to reactivate residual cells at late stages of the diseases. Under gene specific strategies like gene replacement for recessive inherited retinal disorder, gene-specific therapy for dominant inherited retinal disorders. Under non gene-specific therapies for ocular diseases mainly gene therapies modulating the secondary mechanisms of retinopathies, and optogenetics.The global ophthalmic drugs market was valued at US$16 bn in 2012 and is estimated to reach a market value of US$21.6 bn by 2018, rising at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2013 to 2018.
- Stem Cell and Gene Therapy for Ocular Diseases
- Combination Therapies for Ocular Diseases
- Progress in Dry AMD – Research and Therapeutic Development
- Immunosuppressive therapy.
- Advanced cell technology[ACT].
- AAV-mediated gene therapy.
Related Conference of Novel Therapeutic Approaches in Treating Ocular Diseases
Novel Therapeutic Approaches in Treating Ocular Diseases Conference Speakers
- Biomarkers in Drug Discovery & Development
- Novel Therapeutic Approaches in Treating Ocular Diseases
- Advanced Trends in Medicinal Chemistry in Drug Discovery and Designing
- Antibody Research
- Computational Chemistry
- Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD)
- Drug Designing
- Innovative Drug Discovery and Nanotechnology
- Insilco Drug Discovery
- Integrated Strategies for Drug Discovery
- Novel Detection Technologies and Drug Discovery
- Perspective In Drug Discovery
- Pharmaceutical Research & Development
- Proteomics Drug Discovery
- Recent Advances in Spectroscopy