Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements
With the emerging concepts of neutraceuticals and functional food, food is not restricted to the purpose of serving nutrition but also helps in therapeutic purposes. Various forms of organisms have been discovered that occurs with huge nutritional and therapeutic potential and can ameliorate different diseases or at least can prevent them.
Nutraceutical is a self explanatory term that indicates toewards an amalgamation of nutrition and pharmaceuticals. Not only from plant sources, from different animal sources, nutraceuticals are produced by various extraction methods and even end up to their production and marketing in the alternative medicine category.
Marine organisms these days hold a position of high esteem in containing nutraceutical molecules in their different compound extracts that act agains a broad spectrum of diseases.
For example, one such form is the molluscan mussels. Due to this immense potential of various species of mussels to cure different arthritic forms, a wide range of studies have been carried out by scientists on the different functionalities of arthritic models.
Lyprinol is a medicine that is there in the market for a long time which is obtained from the freeze dried lipid extract of new Zealand green lipped mussel Lipid extracts from New-Zealand green-lipped mussel was found to show therapeutic potential in the treatment of asthma
Related Conference of Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements
Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements Conference Speakers
- Chemical Composition of Food
- Chemistry of Food Constituents
- Current Research in Food Chemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Food Adulteration
- Food Nanotechnology
- Food Preservatives and Packaging
- Food Science and Technology
- Food Waste and Recycling
- Hydrocolloids in Food Industry
- Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements
- Nutrition and Functional Foods
- Nutritional Disorder Management
- Regulatory Control of Food Composition, Quality, and Safety
- Rheology and Kinetics of Chemical Reaction in Food