Dr. John E. Karayan is a Professor Emeritus, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (1991-2007).
Consistently high student evaluations throughout years of University teaching Developed and taught several on-line courses.
Earned California State University Merit Performance Awards in 5 out of 6 years eligible.
Received Outstanding Faculty Awards in 6 of first 7 years of teaching at Cal Poly Pomona.
Interim Director of Planned Giving (2006).
Faculty Fellow, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs (1998-99) Associate Chair, Department of Accounting [1,000 + majors] (1996-98, 1992-93).
Raised over $45,000 for student scholarships, & $10,000 in other gifts, during 1994-95.
Chaired several campus wide search committees for senior executives Principal Co-Investigator, Coleman Foundation Entrepreneurship Education Grant.
Earned a number of teaching, publication, and service awards, including: 4 Golden Leaves Awards for books published while teaching at Cal Poly Pomona.
Distinguished Speaker Award, Florida Atlantic University Executive Program (2004).
Outstanding Service Award, American Accounting Association Western Region (1999).
Distinguished Academic Senator (1995-98) Visiting Full Professor, University of California, Riverside (2001-2002).
Associate Professor, California State University, Los Angeles (1986-91) Awarded California Lottery Fund Grant to build Professional Tax Research desktop workstation Earned California State University System Meritorious Performance & Professional Promise Awards in all years in which eligible Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Southern California School of Accounting (1984-86).
PhD Management (1994), MA Management (1993), MBA (1986) Claremont Graduate School.
Doctor of Jurisprudence (1977) University of Southern California Law School BA Mathematics (1972) University of California at San Diego.
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Director of Taxes, Informatics General Corporation [now Sterling Software] (1982-84).
A NYSE-listed multinational, IGC was the world's 2nd largest independent software company Responsible for over $30,000,000 (in 1984 $) annually for taxes in over 100 jurisdictions Reduced the firm’s effective income tax rate to 46% from 49% Computerized linked spreadsheets for the firm’s worldwide provision for income taxes Pioneered tax-exempt Voluntary Employee Benefits Association to enhance firm’s Income from Operations at the Divisional Level by funding employee benefits with tax free investment earnings.
Assistant Tax Counsel, The [Ralph M.] Parsons Corporation (1980-82). Supervising Tax Specialist, Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) (1977-80.
2014 - Research Associate, Waseda University
2015 Session Chair, Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Society 2015
2015 Program Committee, International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Management Science and Applications 2016
2016 - Editorial Board Members, Industrial Engineering and Management Science Journal
2010-2012 M.D.: Business Management & Design, Waseda University
2012-2016 Ph.D.: Business Management & Design, Waseda Universit
(1) Sidi Wu, Seung-jin Ryu, Hisashi Onari, "The Long-Term Collaborative Contract with Considering the Risk of Price Fluctuation for Rapidly Growing Market", Journal of US-China Public Administration, Vol.10 No.3 PP. 310-319, 2013
(2) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "A Study on the Problem of Supply Chain Profit Decline with a Sale Contract between a Manufacturer and a Retailer",Journal of International Business and Economics, Vol.14 No.3 PP. 141-150, 2014
(3) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "A Study on Preconditions Setting of Long-Term Contract between Manufacturer and Component Supplier",Journal of Mechanics Engineering and Automation, Vol.6 No.1 PP. 9-18, 2016
(4) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "Production Capacity Planning with Market Share Expansion under Different Procurement Strategies", International Journal of Economics and Management Science, dx.doi.org/10.4172/2162-6359.1000345 , 2016
(1) Sidi Wu, Seung-Jin Ryu, Yasutaka Kainuma, Hisashi Onari, "A Study on the Sales Contract with Considering the Risk of Price Fluctuation for Rapidly Growing Component Market", Asia Pacific Decision Science Institute, 2012, Chiang Mai, Thailand
(2) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "A Study on Capacity Investment Decision of Component Supplier in a Rapidly Growing Market", Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Society, 2013, Cebu, Philippines
(3) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "A Study on the Sales Contract of Components with Considering the Decision of Production Capacity for Next Term", Production and Operations Management Society International Conference, 2014, Singapore
(4) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "A Study on the Problem of Supply Chain Profit Decline with a Sale Contract between a Manufacturer and a Retailer", International Academy of Business and Economics 2014, Las Vegas, US
(5) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "Preconditions Setting of Supply Chain Contract between Manufacturer and Component Supplier", 23rd International Conference for Production Research, Manila, Philippines
(6) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, “ Strategies on Supply and Procurement of Key Component under the Product Market in Fast-Growing Stage ”, International Workshop on Production and Logistics 3rd, 2015, Kyoto, Japan
(7) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "Profit Analysis on Different Supply Chain Channel Structures", Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering andManagement Society, 2015, Hochiminh, Vietnam
(8) Sidi Wu, Hisashi Onari, "Production Capacity Planning under Different Procurement Strategies with Considering of Business Objectives", 27th Production and Operations Management Society Annual Conference, Orlando, US