alexa Amebiasis | Japan | PDF | PPT| Case Reports | Symptoms | Treatment

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Recommended Conferences

Read more

Recommended Journals

Relevant Topics

Amebiasis

  • Share this page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • Blogger
  • Amebiasis

    Entamoeba Most victims (90%) remain asymptomatic, while a varied array of clinical syndromes ranging from diarrhea, dysentery, and colitis to abscesses of the liver, spleen, and brain develop in the remaining 10%. About 100,000 ultimately die each year as a consequence of amebic infestation. The true estimates therefore range between 40 and 50 million symptomatic cases worldwide, with an estimated 100,000 deaths annually

  • Amebiasis

    Antibody testing to diagnose carriage of E. histolytica is unhelpful, as the sensitivity is only 8%. A positive antibody test confirms the suspicion of invasive amoebic disease provided the patient has not had a disease episode in the recent past, as antibody titres can remain high for years after successful therapy. Aspiration should be considered in patients with an uncertain diagnosis, lack of response to medical therapy (persistent fever > 4 days), and large abscesses at risk of rupturing (especially left lobe abscesses, as these may rupture into the pericardial space)

  • Amebiasis

    Aspiration should be considered in patients with an uncertain diagnosis, lack of response to medical therapy (persistent fever > 4 days), and large abscesses at risk of rupturing (especially left lobe abscesses, as these may rupture into the pericardial space)

 

High Impact List of Articles

Conference Proceedings

adwords