An Overview of Obesity
Received Date: Apr 19, 2018 / Accepted Date: Apr 30, 2018 / Published Date: May 07, 2018
Obesity is an undesired human physiological state caused by a lot of inherent risks and environmental influences. People with obesity commonly face a lot of negative personal image in the society and a number of medical and economic consequences. However weight loss after different types of interventions are often temporary and even bounce back than ever before. To face with this kind of therapeutic limitation, new ideas, perspectives and systematic action must be carried out.
Keywords: Obesity; Endocrinology; Human genome; Inflammatory factors; HAART; Antibiotics; Weight loss; Mathematics; Computational network; Obesity treatment; Life-style adjustment
Obesity is an undesired phenotypic feature that troubles a lot of persons and a disease-like symptom to whom suffers from it [1,2]. People with obesity commonly face a lot of negative personal image in the society and a number of pathological symptoms with human health deteriorating outcomes. It seems like a chronic symptom that lasts long in common obesity people.
Difficult situations in obesity people
However, it is difficult to be remedied and fully managed by existing management measures and resources. Many types of therapeutic/ management measures have been developed for this symptom of the most obesity people-some of these measures are even very expensive (like surgery) or harmful therapy for the sufferers (like cathartic agents or herbs) . To face with this kind of therapeutic consequences, new ideas, perspectives and systematic study must be carried out [2-4].
Current Social and Political Impacts for Obese People
Negative social image
In addition, obesity youngsters often meet with some kinds of other environmental influence that make them negative social image. From these obese sufferers, losing weight is their first choice and addictive with, yet at this moment unsatisfactory (Table 1).
|Negative image||Romance difficult||2|
|and so on|
|Pathologic||Blood glucose level increases||9-12|
|Blood lipid abnormality|
|Liver functional impairments|
|Hormonal problem (leptin and others)|
|and so on|
|Complications||Cardiovascular risks||2, 5-12|
|Type 2 diabetes|
|Human immune-system impairments|
|Mental disorders (suicide and intimidating)|
|and so on|
Table 1: The harmful impacts on human being with obesity.
Disease managements of obesity encompass wide-spectra of medical/pharmacologic issues-including diet control, life-style adjustments, surgery, drug utility and novel clinical therapeutic managements [2-19].
In most people’s minds, obesity equalizes to overfeed. As a result, current therapeutic ideas focus on accelerating nutrient excretion or food limitations. Yet, certain amounts of obesity people are not induced from overfeed. Liver functional damage may also be the causes (side effects of other drugs, such as hormonal therapy, HAART therapy for HIV/AIDS and others) . To these obesity people, food limitations or regular exercises do not work well.
In the early study of these obesity people, human genomic exploration is the only way for finding final solution and curable therapeutics. In accompany with past therapeutic option, obesity people are more suitable for combination of life-style adjustments with other medication due to the multiple causality of human obesity.
Obesity Etiology, Patho-Physiologic Relation and Analysis
Human obesity is caused by a lot of different factors – including;
Besides food restrain, many other types of life-style adjustments are usually as effective as drug therapy. They are multiple selections, such as food control, regular exercises, bad habit avoidance and spiritual focusing. Despite equal effective as drug intervention, many details need to be optimizing (Table 2).
|Overfeed||Increase fruit consumptions||1-8|
|Eat more vegetables|
|Reduce fried food/meats, especially fast food|
|Eat more see-food (fish and marine life)|
|More milk consumption|
|And so on|
|And so on|
|Bad habits||Reduce cigarette||2-8|
|Reduce alcohols, especially beer|
|Reduce sedentary work every days|
|And so on|
|Spirit regulatory||Tea drink||10-11|
|Listen to the music|
Table 2: Different patterns of life-style adjustment for human obesity.
Human body exercises
The most famous one are different types of body exercises. They vary in intensity, duration and regularity [3,4]. These characters also play key roles for obesity managements and need to study systematically.
In the past discovery, many traditional beverages, such as tea, coffee [13,14] and so on are effective to reduce body-mass of obesity people. This type of effective ways should be introduced to more people along with balanced exercises.
Major Categories of Counteractive Measures
The counteractive measures for obesity people can be variable [13-20]. These kinds of obesity managements include surgery, drugs and other therapeutic options. However, most of these management options are not perfect. Mechanisms and genetic study are indispensable (Table 3).
|Therapeutic categories||Specific options|
|Surgery||Gastric bariatric surgery and so on|
|Drug therapies||Chemical drugs|
|and so on|
|and so on|
Table 3: Major patterns of clinical therapeutics.
Mathematical or Computational Network
Pathogenesis simulation and analysis of human obesity:
B=Body mass index
x=Food related variables
y=Drug related variables
z=Genetic related variables
E=A common constant
New and update obesity therapeutics should be targeted to disease originality and causality. Without these targeted therapeutics, clinical obesity therapy will be unchanged and less responsive.
Genomic study of obesity might bring us many new insights into this chronic phenotype/symptom [22-25]. Along with the advance of other diseases, the patho-therapeutic knowledge of obesity might be improved by this genomic approach in the future.
Therapeutic combinations are also very useful for obesity patients. These kinds of therapeutic paradigms are very useful for many other diseases [30-38]. Further work in this regard is inevitable. Maybe any other therapeutic breakthroughs create from drug combinations, like HIV and cancer treatments.
Obesity control is very difficult from easily bouncing back. A lot of life-style and therapeutic interventions have been designed and applied in the clinic and general people. Look forward to new generation of medical cares for obesity.
- World Health Organization (2018) Obesity and Overweight.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Wu HY, Yarla NS, Xu B, et al. (2018) Obesity, risks and managements. Metabolomics 8: e156
- Nikkhah A (2017) Balance eating and exercise to prevent obesity: Regularity required. Adv Obes Weight Manag Control 4: 110.
- Nikkhah A (2016) Meal optimization to reduce obesity. Adv Obes Weight Manag Control 4: 105.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Lu TR, et al. (2018) Types 2 diabetes prevention, treatments and new drug developments. Clin Immunol Endocrine Metabol Drugs (In press)
- Lu DY, Che JY, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Lisa D, et al. (2017) Diabetes prevention and treatments: A specific topic for modern medicines. J Metabolic Syndrome 8: 231.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Xu B, et al. (2017) Type 2 diabetes, medical knowledge and pharmaceutical innovations. J Diabetology 1: 1-3.
- Ahmad S (2013) An Old Disease, A New Insights. Springer Science.
- Yanai H (2017) VLDL is the leading actor in lipid abnormality in patients with diabetes and obesity. J Endocrinol Metab 7: 101-102.
- Zimmet PZ, Magliano DJ, Herman WH, Shaw JE (2014) Diabetes: A 21st century challenge. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2: 56-64.
- Nikkhah A (2016) A simple global exercise program to overcome obesity. Adv Obes Weight Manag Control 4: 108.
- Fucsh S, Henschke C, Blumel M, Busse R (2014) Disease management programs for type 2 diabetes in Germany: A systematic literature review evaluating effectiveness. Dtsch Arztebl Int 111: 453-463.
- Sinisi V (2017) Coffee: A rich source of anti-microbial and antiviral compounds. Clin Immunol Endocrine Metabol Drugs 4: 19-32.
- Essex K, Mosawy S (2017) The anti-obesity potential of green tea: The effect on leptin and adiponection. Clinical Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic Drugs 4: 14-18.
- Singh A, Srivastav R, Pandey A (2017) Protective role of Terminalia Chebula in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice for wound healing activity. Brit J Medicine & Medical Res 22: 1-8.
- Rafael H (2016) Therapeutic methods against insulin resistance. J Endocrinol Metab 6: 1-11.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Wu HY, Lu TR (2014) The pathogenesis and treatments of diabetes: Questions and answers. Cell Dev Biol 3: e126.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Wu HY, Lu TR (2014) The pathogenesis and treatments of diabetes: A new insight. Adv Tech Biol Med 2: e102.
- Smith R, Tran K, Richards K, Luo R (2015) Dietary carbohydrates that modulate the immune system. Clin Immuno Endocrine Metab Drugs 2: 35-42.
- Ouyang S, Feng JM (2016) Regulatory T cell therapy for type 1 diabetes targeting on β cell associated autoantigens. Clin Immunol Endocrine Metab Drugs 3: 47-53.
- Nzuza S, Zondi S, Hunchund R, Owira PM (2017) Highly active antiretroviral therapy – associated metab syndrome and lipodystrophy: Pathophysiology and current therapeutic interventions. J Endocrinol Metab 7: 103-116.
- Asche C, Lafleur J, Conner C (2011) A review of diabetes treatment adherence and the association with clinical and economic outcomes. Clin Therat 33: 74-109.
- Correa-Giannella ML, Machado UF (2013) SLC2A4 gene: A promising target for pharmacogenomics of insulin resistance. Pharmacogenomics 14: 847-850.
- Brettdeld C, Maver A, Aumuller E, Peterlin B, Haslberger AG (2017) Micro RNAs responsible for inflammation in obesity. J Endocrinol Metab 7: 77-85.
- Lander ES (2011) Initial impact of the sequencing of the human genome. Nature 470: 187-197.
- Rahimzadeh V, Bartlett G (2017) Policies and practices of data-intensive primary care in the precision-medicine era. Internal Medicine Rev 3: 1-14.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Lu Y, Wu HY, Yarla NS (2017) The acquisition of mathematical language in biomedical articles. J Cell Dev Biol 1: 8.
- Gentle JE (2002) Elements of computational statistics. Statist Comput.
- Waterman MS (2000) Introduction to computational biology: Maps, sequence and genomes. CRC Press.
- Loewe L (2009) A framework for evolutionary systems biology. BMC Systems Biol 3: 27.
- Kherlopian RA, Song T, Duan Q, Neimark MA, Po MJ, et al. (2008) A review of imaging techniques for systems biology. BMC Systems Biol 2: 74.
- Lu DY, Lu TR (2015) Mathematics or physics-majored students on the biomedical fields, insiders or outsiders? Metabolomics 5: e142.
- Lu DY, Wu HY, Lu TR, Che JY, Lu Y (2016) Updating biomedical studies by recruiting more mathematics or physics-majored talents. Metabolomics 6: e148
- Lu DY, Che JY (2014) Rethink of diabetes treatment and drug development. Cell Dev Biol 3: e125.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Cao S (2013) Drug combinations in cancer treatment. Clinical Experimental Pharmacol 3: 134.
- Lu DY, Wu HY, Yarla NS, Xu B, Ding J, et al (2018) HAART in HIV/AIDS treatments, future trends. Infect Disord Drug Targets 18: 15-22.
- Lu DY, Chen EH, Wu HY, Lu TR, Xu B, et al. (2017) Anticancer drug combination, how far we can go through? Anticancer Agents Med Chem 17: 21-28.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Xu B, et al. (2017) Drug combination in clinical cancer treatment. Rev Recent Clin Trials 12: 202-211.
Citation: Lu DY, Che JY, Lu Y, Wu HY, Yarla NS, et al. (2018) An Overview of Obesity. Metabolomics (Los Angels) 8: 200. DOI: 10.4172/2153-0769.1000200
Copyright: © 2018 Lu DY, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
- Total views: 405
- [From(publication date): 0-2018 - Nov 17, 2018]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 375
- PDF downloads: 30