Chemical Approach to Signal Transduction by Inositol Triphosphate
The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
- *Corresponding Author:
- Shoichiro Ozaki
The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
E-mail: [email protected]
Received Date: September 15, 2014; Accepted Date: September 24, 2014; Published Date: October 04, 2014
Citation: Ozaki S (2014) Chemical Approach to Signal Transduction by Inositol Triphosphate. J Bioengineer & Biomedical Sci 4: 133. doi: 10.4172/2155-9538.1000133
Copyright: © 2014 Ozaki S. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Visit for more related articles at Journal of Bioengineering & Biomedical Science
Berridge discovered that inositol 1,4,5-trisphophate (IP3) was generated at the cell surface in response to cell stimulation and functioned as a second messenger to release Ca2+ from internal stores. Ozaki et al. succeeded in the first total synthesis of optically active IP3 by 13 steps. He supported the signal transduction studies by supplying necessary reagents such as IP3, other IPx, phosphatidyl inositol, new synthetic methods and reagents. He discovered the regulators of Ca2+ release and consequent cellular processes.
Signal transduction; Inositol trisphosphate; IP3, Phosphatidyl inositol; Regulator of cellular process
The fact that diacyl glycerol is second messenger was found by late Professor Yasutomi Nishizuka  and the fact that Inositol triphosphate (IP3) is a second messenger was discovered by Michael Berridge who showed that it functioned to release Ca2+ from internal stores. This bifurcating signaling system is of fundamental importance in regulating a wide range of cellular process.
Signals (first messenger) like light, noise, taste, odor, hormone, neurotransmitter, drug attach to the plasma membrane where they are recognized by cell surface receptors. Upon binding of the ligand to the appropriate receptor, activation of G protein activates in turn phospholipase C. Active phospholipase C hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) giving rise to two products: 1,2-diacylglycerol and inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3). IP3 stimulates the release of Ca2+ from the intracellular stores in the endoplasmic reticulum through IP3 receptor while regulating a wide range of cellular processes.
Why Plant Biosynthesize Inositol
The rice bran, wheat, corn contain much phytic acid (inositol hexaphosphate) as Ca salt. Plant make glucose by photo synthesis from carbon dioxide and water. Some of glucose is converted to inositol. Inositol is converted to phospholipids (PIP2) and phytic acid. PIP2 is converted to IP3 and diacylglycerol. These two compounds are essential for signal transduction of plant. Plant makes phytic acid as storage of phosphorous. Phosphorous is an essential atom as fertilizer because ii is an essential atom to make nucleic acid, DNA. The seed store phosphorous atom as a store so that even when seed germinate at no phosphorous land .
Discovery of IP3
Phospholipid was discovered by Bollow in 1961  from bovine brain. The hypothesis of Michell  that the receptor controlled hydrolysis of phosphoinositides could be directly linked to cellular calcium mobilization. The observation by Berridge D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) act as a second messenger, a fundamental cell-signal transduction mechanism has been elucidated. IP3 stimulates the release of Ca2+ from the intracellular stores in the endoplasmic reticulum through IP3 receptor while regulating a wide range of cellular processes [4-25].
Synthetic Competition of Inositol Phosphate
The discovery of inositol phosphate in particular IP3 led to the dramatic stimulation for the synthesis of inositol phosphates. Many persons challenged the synthesis of inositol phosphate, starting from inositol, glucurolactone, phytic acid, arenas, quinic acid and L-quebrachitol.
A symposium; Inositol phosphates and Derivatives. Synthesis, biochemistry, and therapeutic potential was held by the division of carbohydrate Chemistry at the 200th National meeting of the American Chemical Society, Washington DC, August 26-31.1990. ACS Symposium Series. 463 Edited by Allen B.Reitz was published.
The key problems in the synthesis of inositol phosphates are (1) synthesis and optical resolution of suitably protected inositol derivatives, (2) efficient phosphorylation of vicinal hydroxy groups.
In 1986, Ozaki et al succeeded in the first total synthesis of optically active myo-inositol tris (1,4,5) phosphate from myo-inositol by 13 steps . At this report, phosphorylation yield of 2,3,6-tribenzyl myoinositol by dianilidephophotyl chloride isolation yield was only 10%. Then we have studied phosphorylation reagents and discovered new phsphorylation method Then we could get IP3 by best method in good yield as shown in Figure 1 [26,27].
Figure 1: Synthesis of D—myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate
This IP3 is produced by this method at DOJINDO (Kumamoto, Japan) and is distributed all over the world by the name of synthetic IP3.
The synthesis of I(1,4,5)P3 are reported by many investigators Billington and Vacca (from myo-inositol orthoformate , Ballou, from myo-inisitol , Gigg , Ley from arenes using Pseudomonasoxidation , Falch from Quinic acid , Stepanov and Shvets , Prestwich prepared D-myo-(3 H)I(1,4,5)P3, essential and most used reagent for the study of signal transduction [34,35] Phosphothioate analogur of IP3 by Potter .
Different Source and Methods
IP3 was obtained through 6 different sources:
• Starting from myo –inositol [26-32,35-38]
• Starting from L-quebrachitol ( natural rubber industry byproduct) [39-43]
• Siarting from arenes 
• Starting frm Quinic acid 
• Starting from D-glucuronolactone 
• Chemoenzymztic synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5— trisphosphate [43-49]
Methods to Get Optically Pure Compound by 5 Different Methods
› Separation of diastereomers
• L- mentoxy acetyl chloride gave best result, because desired product was crystal 
› Starting from optically pure natural product
• From D-glucuronolactone , From Quinic acid 
• From L-quebrachitol [39-43]
› Use of tartaric acid ester 
› Use of enzyme (like Phosphorylase). Enzyme aided synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate [43-48]
› Enzymic resolution of racemic 1,2:5,6-di-O-cyclohexylidene and 1,2:3,4-di-O-cyclohexylidene-myo-inositol 
› Enzymic resolution of sterically hindered myo-inositol derivatives 
› Enzyme aided regioselective acylation of nucleosides 
Phosphorylation Reagents 
• Tetrabenzyl pyrophosphate (TBPP) and n-BuLi .
• New phosphorylating reagent called OXDEP (o-xylylene N,Ndiethylphosphoamidite) [53,54]. By using this reagent, IP3 and PIPx were obtained in good yield .
• DBPF Dibenzyl phosphorofluororidate (BnO)2P(O)F . This reagent was used for the synthesis of phosphofloridate analogues. Obtained phosphofloridates showed very interesting biological activity .
• Step wise phosphorylation using PCl3, BnOH, C6H5COOOH 
• Phosphorothioate synthesis based on the redox reaction of phosphite with tellurium (IV) chloride .
Discovery of Phosphonium Salt Methodology
This phosphonium salt methodology [59,60] provide a regioselective phospholylation. 1,2-Diol were phosphorylated regioselectively at C-1 with tribebzyl phosphite to give 1-dibenzyl phosphate 2-hyroxy free compound as shown in Figure 2. Other phosphory lating reagents do not have such selectivity. By using this free hydroxy group, we could get 2-acyl analog and IPx and PIPx. Three kind of combined reagents are possible.
Figure 2: Phosphosphonium salt methodology for the synthesis of IPx nd PIPx.
Trialkyl phosphite and pyridinium bromide perbromide method 
(RO)3P + PyHBr3,
1H-Tetrazol catalyzed the reaction of trialkyl phosphite 
(PO)3P + Tetrazole
Utilization of oxidizing character of TeCl4 
(RO)3P + TeCl4
The reaction of an alcohol with a trialkylphophite in the presence of pyridinuum bromide per bromide proceed via the phosphonium salt (RO)3P+Br to afford the triester R1-OP(O)(OR)2, which can be converted to the phosphoric monoester by deprotection.
On the other hand, starting from dialkyl phosphoamidite (R0)2PNR,’the corresponding triester product (R1O-R2O-P(O)OR”) gave phosphoric mixed diesters.
The reactivity of phosphonium salt toward an alcohol seems to be between PIII and PV, therefore we expected that the phosphonium salt methodology would provide a regioselective phosphorylation method. 1,2-Diol was phosphorylated regioselectively.
Applying the phosphonium salt approach to the synthesis of phosphoinositides, the use of glyceryl phosphite, which was derived by the reaction of the glycerol derivatives with dimethylphosphoramidite in the presence of tetrazol, gave the protected PI(4,5)P2.
We synthesized Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate [63,64], Unsaturated phosphatidyl inositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate , myoinositol 1.2,5,6-tetrakisphosphate , 4-α-D-glucopyranosylmyo- inositol, enzymic transglycosylation product. , 2,6-Di- O-(D-mannopyranosyl)phosphatidyl-D-myo-inositol , Phosphofluoridate analogs of myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(phosphate) .
Finding of New Reaction, New Methods and New Reagents
Finding of new protection methods
• Protection by tetraisopropyldisiloxane-1,3-diyl group 
• Proximately assisted and chemoselectively cleavable protecting groups for alcohols, 2-[2-(arylmethyloxy)ethyl]benzoic esters .
Finding of new deprotection methods
• Deprotection of methyl group by AlCl3-NaI ,AlCl3-Bu4NI 
• Deprotection of benzyl and allyl group by AlCl3-dimethyl aniline 
• Deprotection p-methoxybenzyl by trimethylsilylchloride-tin(II) chloride—anisole .
Finding of diastereoselective addition methods
Diastereoselective addition of organometallics to α-keto esters .
Finding of diastereoselective reduction methods
Diastereoselective reduction of ketoester bearing chiro-inositol as chiral auxiliaries .
Finding of novel deacylation Methods
A Grignard reagent was used for deacylation without affecting the neighboring base-sensitive functional groups .
Finding of novel enatioselective acylation and deacylation Method
Enantioselective acylation and deacylation method using enzyme [38,77].
Finding of glycosidation method
Glycosidation based on phosphite chemistry [78,79]
Phosphorylation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate analogs by 3-kinase and dephosphorylation of inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate analogs by 5-phosphatase .
Use of Inositol Derivatives as Chiral Auxialiaries
• Diastereoselective addition of organometallics to keto esters .
• Asymmetric synthesis of tetrahydrofurans by diastereoselective (3+2) cycloaddition of allylsilanes with ketoesters bearing optically active cyclitol as a chiral auxiliary .
• Preparation of optically active D 2-isooxazolines via addition of nitril oxides to chiral acryloyoxy esters bearing cyclitols as auxiliaries .
• Asymmetric synthesis of functionalized tertially alcohols by the diastereoselective aldol reaction .
Preparation of IPx, IP3 derivatives and IP3 Analog, and Assessment of their Activities
Synthesized inositol poly phosphate [66,84-86]
Myo-inositol 1-phosphate [87,88], myo-inositol 1.3.4-trisphosphate , myo-inositol 1.4,6-trisphosphate , myo-inositol 22.214.171.124-tetrakisphosphate [91-93], myo-inositol 1.4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate , myo-inositol 2,4,5-trisphosphate , 1,2-cyclic-4,5-, 1,4,5- and 2,4,5-triphosphate , myo-inositol 1.2,5,6-tetrakisphosphate , 2,6-Di-O-(D- mannopyranosyl) phosphatidyl-D-myo-inositol , Phosphofluoridate analogs of myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(phosphate) . 4-a-D-glucopyranosyl-myoinositol .
2-substituted IP3 analogs
• These were synthesized as shown in Figure 3. These analogs were used for the preparation of affinity columns .
Figure 3: Preparation of ins (1,4,5)P3 an alogues
• Many IPn and derivatives were prepared and their activities were measured by Prof. Hirata, Masato [96-113].
• Synthesis of IP3 having biotinyl and azidobenzoyl groups .
• Synthesis of 2-substituted myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakis(phosphate) and 1,3,4,5,6-pentakis(phosphateanalogues .
Phosphofluoridate analogs of myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(phosphate) were prepared as shown in Figure 4 .
Figure 4: Synthesis of Phosphofluoridate analogues.
The three phosphofluoridates thus prepared had potencies for inhibiting (3H) InsP3 binding to purified InsP3 receptor that were less than for InsP3. Two analogues 44 and 40 were found to inhibit the dephosphorylation of (1H) Ins P3 by the 5-phsphatase with potencies similar to that for InsP3. Surprisingly, the inhibitory potency of 5-phosphofluoridate 44 toward 5-phosphosphatase was higher (about 20 fold) than those of InsP3 and the another fluoridates 40 and 45.
Preparation of Affinity Column
Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate affinity columns 24, 25 were prepared from 20, 21 as shown in Figure 5 to fish out IP3-binding proteins [98,113,114].
Figure 5: Preparation of IP3 affinity resin
Isolation and Characterization of Many IP3-Binding Proteins
The following many proteins were isolated by affinity column and characterizations were carried out [103,111].
• IP3 binding protein [102,103,113,115] co-work with Hirata Masato
• Phospholipase C-d1 [110,116] co-work with Hirata Masato.
• Porcine tracheal smooth muscle aldrase , collaboration with Carl Baron and Masato Hirata.
• 3-Kinase, 5-phosphatase [111,117] collaboration withVan Dijken
• Growth factor activating protein [112,118] collaboration with Moriya Shigeharu
• IP3 3-kinase from porcine smooth muscle [119-121] co-work with Denborough.
• RAC-protein kinase (PKB/Akt  collaboration with Matsuzaki
• Expression and characterization of IP3-binding domain of phosphatidyl inositol-specific phospholipase C  collaboration with Yagisawa, Hitoshi.
• IP3 3-kinase from chicken erythrocytes  collaboration with George Myer.
• Homogeneous Ca2+ Stores  collaboration with Inoue, Masumi
• Na+,K+- ATPase  collaboration with Lin, Hai
• Plasma membrane PtIns-4,5-P2  collaboration with Ronald Holz
Observation of Behaviors of IPx, PIPx and Ca2+ Flux in the cells
IP3 and PIPx are charged compounds. Therefore they do not readily penetrate through cell membranes. But it becomes permeable following salt formation with amine and this is a new method to put IPn or PIPn into the cell [127-130].
Ozaki synthesized about 20 fluorescent IP3, IP4, PIP, PIP2 containing fluorescent amines with green and red colors (Figure 6), and introduced these tagged molecules into cells. He then used fluorescent microscopy.
Figure 6: Fluorescent IP3 and PIP2
He observed how and how fast the IPn or PIPn entered into the cell and how moved and how changed, metabolized and also observed a calcium flux (time, location, concentration) in NIH 3T3 Fibloblasts, when complexes of carrier and Ptd Ins (4,5) or Inos (1,4,5) P3 were added extra cellular. He took more than a thousand pictures and movies.
Detection of Ca2+ Flux
Fluoro-3 was used to measure intracellular calcium concentration. In case of IP3 complex, Ca2+ maximum peak (2.5×10-7 M) was observed after 3.5 min. after addition of IP3. In case of PIPx complex, Ca2+ maximum peak (4.2×10-7 M) was observed after 6.5 min.
Discovery of DAB; Regulators of Ca2+ Release and Cellular Response
In 1997, we identified 2-aminoethyl diphenylborinate (2-APB) as being an IP3 receptor inhibiter and regulate IP3 induced calcium release [131,132]. This discovery rose a substantial interest and had a great impact as it gained more than 600 citations and more than 1000 studies on 2-APB have been published so far. This was supported by increasing sales of 2-APB by Sigma-Aldrich as membrane-permeable modulator of calcium release. We aimed at generate better modulator of calcium release than 2-APB.
We synthesizes several 2APB analogues and measured their inhibitory activities on Store Operated Calcium Entry (SOCE) and IP3 Induced Calcium Release (IICR).
We found that bis boron compound DBP 161 and DBP 163 were 10 times more effective than 2-APB [133-138] We extended these studies and synthesized 493 analogues [139,140] increasing the number of borons, changing diphenyl to diaryl, monoaryl, mono-aliphatic dialiphatic compounds, substitution of aminoethyl to amino acid derivative as well as aminoethanol to aminoethylthiol and studied the structure/activities correlation.
We found that Diphenyl (amino acidonate O,N) borane DAB are best compounds
We found [139,140] that compounds DAB Diphenyl (aminoacidonate N,O)borane could regulate IP3- induced Ca2+ release (IICR), Store-Operated Ca2+ entry (SOCE)) and could regulate cellular responses. We found that the adduct of amino acid (especially basic amino acid) and diphenyl borinic acid have strong inhibitory activity to SOCE. And some of them 919 Diphenyl (2,3-diaminopropionate O,N) borane, 911 Diphenyl (L- lysinate O,N ) borane showed 10 times strong activity than 2-APB. 2APB is said to be a excellent lead compound for heat disease and Alzheimer`s diseases as Berridge predicts [141-147].
2APB analogues presented in this study could be proven to be excellent lead compounds for many human diseases including heart disease [143,144], Alzheimer`s [145-146] and Huntington disease [148,149].
We found that boron compounds also can inhibit transglutaminase (Ca2+-dependent enzyme) . There are many neurodegenerative disease, including Alzheimer`s disease, Huntington`s disease [136,149]. The boron compounds were found to be effective as inhibitor of acyl protein thioesterase .
We looked for more effective transglutaminase inhibitors. We synthesized 250 β- aminoethyl ketones and found that these compounds had strong transglutaminase inhibitory activities [151,152]. A typical compound is 5-bromo-2-thienyl-(N-t-butyl-N-benzyl)-aminoethyl ketone.
I would like to thank Dr. M. J. Berridge for valuable suggestions and advices.
- Nishizuka Y (1984) The role of protein kinase C in cell surface signal transduction and tumour promotion.Nature 308: 693-698.
- Frezza C (2014) The role of mitochondria in the oncogenic signal transduction. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 48: 11-17.
- Michell RH (1975) Inositol phospholipids and cell surface receptor function. BiochimBiophysActa 415: 81-47.
- Fain JN, Berridge MJ (1979) Relationship between hormonal activation of phosphatidylinositol hydrolysis, fluid secretion and calcium flux in the blowfly salivary gland.Biochem J 178: 45-58.
- Fain JN, Berridge MJ (1979) Relationship between phosphatidylinositol synthesis and recovery of 5-hydroxytryptamine-responsive Ca2+ flux in blowfly salivary glands.Biochem J 180: 655-661.
- Berridge MJ, Downes CP, Hanley MR (1982) Lithium amplifies agonist-dependent phosphatidylinositol responses in brain and salivary glands.Biochem J 206: 587-595.
- Berridge MJ, Dawson RMC, Downes CP, Heslop JP, Irvine RF (1983) Changes in the levels of inositol phosphates after agonist-dependent hydrolysis of membrane phosphoinositides. Biochem J 212: 473-482.
- Berridge MJ (1983) Rapid accumulation of inositol trisphosphate reveals that agonists hydrolysepolyphosphoinositides instead of phosphatidylinositol.Biochem J 212: 849-858.
- Streb H, Irvine RF, Berridge MJ, Schulz I (1983) Release of Ca2+ from a nonmitochondrial intracellular store in pancreatic acinar cells by inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate.Nature 306: 67-69.
- Berridge MJ, Heslop JP, Irvine RF, Brown KD (1984) Inositol trisphosphate formation and calcium mobilization in Swiss 3T3 cells in response to platelet-derived growth factor.Biochem J 222: 195-201.
- Fein A, Payne R, Corson DW, Berridge MJ, Irvine RF (1984) Photoreceptor excitation and adaptation by inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate.Nature 311: 157-160.
- Brown JE, Rubin LJ, Ghalayini AJ, Tarver AP, Irvine RF, et al. (1984) A biochemical and electrophysiological examination of myo-inositol polyphosphate as a putative messenger for excitation in Limulus ventral photoreceptor cells. Nature 311: 160-163.
- Burgess GM, Godfrey PP, McKinney JS, Berridge MJ, Irvine RF, et al. (1984) The second messenger linking receptor activation to internal Ca release in liver.Nature 309: 63-66.
- Prentki M, Biden TJ, Janjic D, Irvine RF, Berridge MJ, et al. (1984) Rapid mobilization of Ca2+ from rat insulinomamicrosomes by inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate.Nature 309: 562-564.
- Irvine RF, Brown KD, Berridge MJ (1984) Specificity of inositol trisphosphate-induced calcium release from permeabilized Swiss-mouse 3T3 cells.Biochem J 222: 269-272.
- Irvine RF, Letcher AJ, Heslop JP, Berridge MJ (1986) The inositol tris/tetrakisphosphate pathway--demonstration of Ins(1,4,5)P3 3-kinase activity in animal tissues.Nature 320: 631-634.
- Rapp PE, Berridge MJ (1981) The control of transepithelial potential oscillations in the salivary gland of Calliphoraerythrocephala. J ExpBiol 93: 119-132.
- Missiaen L, Taylor CW, Berridge MJ (1991) Spontaneous calcium release from inositol trisphosphate-sensitive calcium stores.Nature 352: 241-244.
- Berridge MJ, Irvine RF (1984) Inositol trisphosphate, a novel second messenger in cellular signal transduction.Nature 312: 315-321.
- Berridge MJ (1987) Inositol trisphosphate and diacylglycerol: two interacting second messengers.Annu Rev Biochem 56: 159-193.
- Berridge MJ, Irvine RF (1989) Inositol phosphates and cell signalling.Nature 341: 197-205.
- Berridge MJ, Downes CP, Hanley MR (1989) Neural and developmental actions of lithium: a unifying hypothesis.Cell 59: 411-419.
- Berridge MJ (1993) Inositol trisphosphate and calcium signalling.Nature 361: 315-325.
- Bootman MD, Berridge MJ (1995) The elemental principles of calcium signaling.Cell 83: 675-678.
- Decrock E, De Bock M, Wang N, Gadicherla AK, Bol M, et al. (2013) IP3, a small molecule with a powerful message.BiochimBiophysActa 1833: 1772-1786.
- Shoichiro O, Yutaka W, Tomio O, Yoshihasa K, Naokazu S, et al. (1986) Total synthesis of optically active myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(phosphate). Tetrahedron Letters 27: 3157-3160.
- Shoichiro O, Yoshihisa K, Naokazu S, Tomio O, Yutaka W (1992) Synthesis and some properties of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(dihydrogen phosphate). Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 1: 729-737.
- Falck JR, Abdali A, Wittenberger SJ (1990) Total synthesis of the 5-methylenephosphonate analogue of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate. J ChemSoc, ChemCommun: 953-955.
- Vacca JP, deSolmsJS, Huff JR, Billington DC, Baker R, et al. (1989) The total synthesis of myo-inositol polyphosphates. Tetrahedron 45: 5679-5702.
- Ley SV, Parra M, Redgrave AJ, Sternfeld F (1990) Microbial oxidation in synthesis: preparation of myo-inositol phosphates and related cyclitol derivatives from benzene. Tetrahedron 46: 4995-5026.
- Falck JR, Yadagiri PJ (1989) Enantiospecific synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate from (-)-quinic acid. J Org Chem 54: 5851-5852.
- Maracek JP, Prestwich GD (1989) Synthesis of D-myo-(-3 H)I(1,4,5)P3. J Labelled Comp 27: 917.
- Prestwich GD, Marecek JF (1991) Chemical modification of inositol trisphosphate: Tritiated,fluorinated and phosphate-tetered analogues, ACS Symposium Series 463 Inositolpolyphosphate and derivatives Edit Allen B. Reitz: 3322-131.
- Potter BVL (1991) Phosphothioate analogues of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate. ACS Symposium Series 463 Inositolpolyphosphate and derivatives Edit Allen B. Reitz: 186-201.
- Takahiko A, Naoto T,Shoichiro O (1990) Chiral synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1-phosphate starting from L-quebrachitol. Tetrahedron Letters 31: 1433-1434.
- Takahiko A, Hiroaki S, Shoichiro O (1991) A concise synthesis of (-)-conduritol F from L-quebrachitol via AlCl3-n-Bu4NI mediated demethylation. Tetrahedron Letters 32: 5593-5696.
- Takahiko A, Masatoshi O, Hiroaki S, Shoichiro O (1991) Total synthesis of cyclophellitol from L-quebrachitol. Synlett 11: 831-832.
- Takahiko A, Hiroaki S, Masatoshi O, Tadashi O, Shoichiro O (1993) Synthesis of (-)-conduritol F, (+)-conduritol B, cyclophellitol from L-quebrachitol. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 66: 3760-3767.
- Takahiko A, Hiroyuki N, Takaaki K, Shoichiro O (1994) Stereodivergent synthesis of optically active a-hydroxy acids via diastereoselective reduction of a-keto esters derived from L-quebrachitol. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 67: 180-188.
- Yutaka W, Motohiro M, Shoichiro O (1987) Synthesis of optically active inositol derivatives starting from D-glucurono-6,3-lactone. Chemistry Letters 1: 123-126.
- Lei L, Yutaka W, Takahiko A, Shoichiro O (1992) A new efficient method for resolution of myo-inositol derivatives by enzyme catalyzed regio- and enantioselective esterification in organic solvent. Tetrahedron Letters 33: 1911-1914.
- Ling L, Li X, Watanabe Y, Akiyama T, Ozaki S (1993) Enzymatic resolution of racemic 1,2:5,6-di-O-cyclohexylidene and 1,2:3,4-di-O-cyclohexylidene-myo-inositol.Bioorg Med Chem 1: 155-159.
- Lei L, Shoichiro O (1993) Enzyme aided synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphospgate. Tetrahedron Letter 34: 2501-2504.
- Ling L, Ozaki S (1994) A chemoenzymatic synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate.Carbohydr Res 256: 49-58.
- Lei L, Shoichiro O (1995) Enzymic resolution of the sterically hindered myo-inositol derivative. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 68: 1200-1205.
- Shoichiro O, Lei L (1997) Chemoenzymatic Synthesis of Optically Active myo-inositol Polyphosphate. Carbohydrates in Drug Design.
- Shoichiro O, Kayoko Y, Takako K, Takahiro M, Mitsuaki E, et al. (1995) Enzyme aided regioselective acylation of nucleosides. Nucleosides & Nucleotides 14: 401-104.
- Yutaka W, Akinori O, Yasushi S, Shoichiro O (1990) Easy access of optically active myo-inositol derivatives by enantioselective acylation using a tartaric acid monoester. Tetrahedron Letters 31: 2613-2616.
- Yutaka W, Tadashi O, Takashi Y, Shoichiro O (1996) Synthetic strategies based on phosphite chemistry for inositol phosphates and phospholipids. Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon and the Related Elements: 109-110.
- Yutaka W, Hiroyuki N, Motonobu B, Shoichiro O (1987) An efficient method for polyphosphorylation of inositol derivatives. Tetrahedron Letters 28: 4179-4180.
- Yutaka W, Yasunobu K, Katsumi E, Shoichiro O (1990) An efficient phosphorylation method using a new phosphitylating agent, 2-(diethylamino)-1,3,2-benzodioxaphosphepane. Tetrahedron Letters 31: 255-256.
- Yutaka W, Yasunobu K, Shoichiro O (1992) Utilization o-xylylene N,N-diethylphosphoamidite for the synthssis of phosphoric diesters. Tetrahedron Letters 33: 133-136.
- Yutaka W, Nobuyuki H, Shoichiro O (1988) Dibenzylphosphorofluoridate, a new phosphorylating agent. Tetrahedron Letters 29: 5763-5764.
- Yutaka W, Shinsuke S, Shoichiro O, Masato H (1996) Synthesis of phosphorofluoridate analogs of myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(phosphate) and their biological activity. Chemical Communications (Cambridge) 15: 1815-1816.
- Yutaka W, Tomio O, Naokazu S, Shoichiro O (1987) Stepwise phosphorylation of vicinal diol and sterically hindered alcohol directed toward D-myo-inositol 2,4,5-trisphosphate. Tetrahedron Letters 28: 2607-2610.
- Yutaka W, Shinji I, Takashi Y, Shoichiro O (1995) Phosphorothioate synthesis based on the redox reaction of phosphite with tellurium(IV) chloride. Synthesis 10: 1243-1244.
- Yutaka W, Eiji I, Masanao J, Shoichiro O (1993) Phosphonium salt methodology for the synthesis of phosphoric monoesters and diesters and its application to selective phosphorylation. Tetrahedron Letters 34: 497-500.
- Shoichiro O, Yutaka W, Takehiro M, Yuichi H, Tomio O, et al. (1998) Synthesis of phosphatidyl-myo-inositol polyphosphates and derivatives. ACS Symposium Series 718 Phosphoinositides, Edit Karol Bruzik: 212-221.
- Yutaka W, Shinichi M, Shoichiro O (1992) 1H-Tetrazole catalyzed reactions of trialkylphosphites: observation of a five-membered cyclic hydrophosphorane intermediate during the transesterification. Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 1: Organic and Bio-Organic Chemistry 15: 1879-1880.
- Yutaka W, Takashi Y, Taroh I, Shoichiro O (1994) Utilization of oxidizing character of TeCl4 in the reaction with trialkylphosphite. A novel redox phosphorylation. Chemistry Letters 10: 1881-1884.
- Yutaka W, Hajimu H, Shoichiro O (1994) Synthesis of a phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate. Tetrahedron Letters 35: 123-124.
- Yutaka W, Masaya T, Shoichiro O (1995) Synthesis of 1D-distearoylphosphatidyl-myo-inositol 3,4,5-tris(dihydrogen phosphate). Tetrahedron 51: 8969-8976.
- Shoichiro O, Xiang-Zheng K, Yutaka W, Tomio O (1998) Synthesis of unsaturated phosphatidyl inositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate. Chinese Journal of Chemistry 16: 51-57.
- Shoichiro O, WatanabeY (1991) Synthesis of Inositol Polyphosphate and Their Derivatives. ACS Symposium Series 463 Inositolpolyphosphate and derivatives Edit Allen B Reitz: 41-64.
- Yutaka W, Chikara N, Shoichiro O, Michikatsu S, Kyoko K (1993) Absolute configuration of 4-a -D-glucopyranosyl-myo-inositol, enzymictransglycosylation product. Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry 12: 685-692.
- Yutaka W, Takashi Y, Shoichiro O (1996) Synthesis of 2,6-Di-O-(a -D-mannopyranosyl)phosphatidyl-D-myo-inositol. Tetrahedron53: 903-918.
- Yutaka W, Motohiro M, Takao M, Shoichiro O (1989) Highly efficient protection by the tetraisopropyldisiloxane-1,3-diyl group in the synthesis of myo-inositol phosphates as inositol 1,3,4,6-tetrakisphosphate. Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications 8: 482-483.
- Yutaka W, Masanori I, Shoichiro O (1994) Proximately assisted and chemoselectively cleavable protecting groups for alcohols, 2-[2-(arylmethyloxy)ethyl]benzoic esters. Chemistry Letters 11: 2163-2166.
- Takahiko A, Naoto T, Hiroaki S, Shoichiro O (1990) Anchimerically assisted demethylation of methyl ethers in inositol derivatives with an aluminum chloride-sodium iodide system. Chemistry Letters 10: 1881-1884.
- Takahiko A, Hajimu H, Shoichirio O (1992) Aluminium chloride-N,N-dimethylaniline: anovel benzyl and allyl ether cleavage reagent. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 65: 1932-1938.
- Takahiko A, Hiroaki S, Shoichiro O (1992) Trimethylsilylchroride-tin(II)chloride-anisole: a novel p-methoxybenzyl ether cleavage reagent. Synlett 5: 415-416.
- Takahiko A, Hiroyuki N, Keiichiro I, Shoichiro O (1992) Diastereoselective addition of organometallics to a-keto esters bearing chiro-inositol derivatives as chiral auxiliaries. Chemistry Letters 3: 447-450.
- Tadahiki A, Hiruyuki N, Shoichiro O (1991) Diastereoselective reduction of a-ketoesters bearing chiri-nositol derivatives as chirl auxiliaries. Tetrahedron Letters 32: 1335-1338.
- Yutaka W, Takahiro F, Shoichiro O (1992) A novel deacylation method using Grignard reagent without affecting the neighboring base-sensitive functional groups. Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications 9: 681-683.
- Ozaki S, Uemura A, Konishi T, Yamashita K, Maekawa T, et al. (1993) Enzyme aided regio-selective acylation and deacylation of nucleosides.Nucleic Acids SympSer: 53-54.
- Yutaka W, Chikara N, Shoichiro O (1993) Glycosidation based on phosphite chemistry. Synlett 2: 115-116.
- Yutaka W, Chikara N, Takashi Y, Shoichiro O (1994) Glycosylation using glycosylphosphite as a glycosyl donor. Tetrahedron 50: 6523-6536.
- Van Dijken P, Lammers AA, Ozaki S, Potter BV, Erneux C, et al. (1994) Phosphorylation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate analogues by 3-kinase and dephosphorylation of inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate analogues by 5-phosphatase.Eur J Biochem 226: 561-566.
- Akiyama T, Yasusa T, Ishikawa K, Ozaki S (1994) Asymmetric synthesis of tetrahydrofurans by diastereoselective [3+2]-cycloaddition of allylsilanes with a -keto esters bearing an optically active cyclitol as a chiral auxiliary. Tetrahedron Letters 35: 8401-8404.
- Akiyama T, Okada K, Ozaki S (1992) The preparation of optically active D 2-isoxazolines via addition of nitrile oxides to chiral acryloyl esters bearing cyclitols as auxiliaries. Tetrahedron Letters 33: 5763-5766.
- Akiyama T, Ishikawa K, Ozaki S (1994) Asymmetric synthesis of functionalized tertiary alcohols by diastereoselectivealdol reaction of silylenol ether and ketene silylacetal with a -keto esters bearing an optically active cyclitol as a chiral auxiliary. Synlett 4: 275-276.
- Ozaki S, Watanabe Y, Hirata M, Awaya A (1991) Preparation of inositol polyphosphate derivatives for control of the calcium ion-participating metabolic steps. PCT Int. Appl: 139.
- Ozaki S, Watanabe Y (1989) Synthesis of inositol polyphosphates. Yuki Gosei Kagaku Kyokaishi 47: 363-373.
- Watanabe Y, Ozaki S (1992) Organic chemical approach to inositol phospholipid-associated signal transduction. Farumashia 28: 598-602.
- Ozaki S, Akiyama T, Takechi N, Kageyama K, Machida M (1991) Preparation of d-myoinositol 1-phosphate. GerOffen 8.
- Akiyama T, Takechi N, Ozaki S, Shiota K (1992) A chiral synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1-phosphate starting from L-quebrachitol. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 65: 366-372.
- Ozaki S, Kohno M, Nakahira H, Bunya M, Watanabe Y (1988) Synthesis of optically active myo-inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate. Chemistry Letters: 77-80.
- Watanabe Y, Ogasawara T, Ozaki S, Hirata M (1994) Synthesis of myo-inositol 1,4,6-trisphosphate, an analog of myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate. Carbohydrate Research 258: 87-92.
- Ozaki S, Kondo Y, Nakahira H, Yamaoka S, Watanabe Y (1987) Synthesis of D-myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate. Tetrahedron Letters 28: 4691-4694.
- Watanabe Y, Shinohara T, Fujimoto T, Ozaki S (1990) A short step and practical synthesis of myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate. Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin 38: 562-563.
- Watanabe Y, Fujimoto T, Shinohara T, Ozaki S (1991) A short step synthesis of optically active myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakis(phosphate) and myo-inositol 1,4,5-tris(phosphate) from 1,3,5-tri-O-benzoyl-myo-inositol. Journal of the Chemical Society, Chemical Communications 6: 428-429.
- Ozaki S, Ling L, Ogasawara T, Watanabe Y, Hirata M (1994) A convenient chemoenzymatic synthesis of D-and L-myo-inositol 1,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate.Carbohydr Res 259: 307-310.
- Watanabe Y, Ogasawara T, Nakahira H, Matsuki T, Ozaki S (1988) A versatile intermediate, D-4,5-bis(dibenzylphosphoryl)-myo-inositol derivative, for synthesis of inositol phosphates. Synthesis of 1,2-cyclic-4,5-, 1,4,5-, and 2,4,5-trisphosphate. Tetrahedron Letters 29: 5259-5262.
- Ozaki S, Watanabe Y, Ogasawara T, Hirata M, Kanematsu T (1992) Synthesis and biological properties of 2-substituted myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate analogues directed toward affinity chromatography and photoaffinity labeling.Carbohydr Res 234: 189-206.
- Hirata M, Watanabe Y, Ishimatsu T, Ikebe T, Kimura Y, et al. (1989) Synthetic inositol trisphosphate analogs and their effects on phosphatase, kinase, and the release of Ca2+.J BiolChem 264: 20303-20308.
- Hirata M, Watanabe Y, Ishimatsu T, Yanaga F, Koga T, et al. (1990) Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate affinity chromatography.BiochemBiophys Res Commun 168: 379-386.
- Hirata M, Yanaga F, Koga T, Ogasawara T, Watanabe Y, et al. (1990) Stereospecific recognition of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate analogs by the phosphatase, kinase, and binding proteins.J BiolChem 265: 8404-8407.
- Hirata M, Kimura Y, Ishimatsu T, Yanaga F, Shuto T, et al. (1991) Synthetic inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate analogues.Biochem J 276 : 333-336.
- Kimura Y, Kanematsu T, Watanabe Y, Ozaki S, Koga T, et al. (1991) Synthetic inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate analogs and their effect on the binding to microsomal fraction of rat cerebellum. BiochimicaetBiophysicaActa, Biomembranes 1069: 218-222.
- Kanematsu T, Takeya H, Watanabe Y, Ozaki S, Yoshida M, et al. (1992) Putative inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding proteins in rat brain cytosol.J BiolChem 267: 6518-6525.
- Kamata H, Hirata M, Ozaki S, Kusaka I, Kagawa Y, et al. (1992) Partial purification and reconstitution of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor/Ca2+ channel of bovine liver microsomes.J Biochem 111: 546-552.
- Hirata M, Watanabe Y, Yoshida M, Koga T, Ozaki S (1993) Roles for hydroxyl groups of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate in the recognition by its receptor and metabolic enzymes.J BiolChem 268: 19260-19266.
- Hashii M, Hirata M, Ozaki S, Nozawa Y, Higashida H (1994) Ca2+ influx evoked by inositol-3,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate in ras-transformed NIH/3T3 fibroblasts.FEBS Lett 340: 276-280.
- Hirata M, Narumoto N, Watanabe Y, Kanematsu T, Koga T, et al. (1994) DL-myo-inositol 1,2,4,5-tetrakisphosphate, a potent analog of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate.MolPharmacol 45: 271-276.
- Hashii M, Hirata M, Ozaki S, Nozawa Y, Higashida H (1994) Ca2+ influx gated by inositol-3,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate in NIH/3T3 fibroblasts.BiochemBiophys Res Commun 200: 1300-1306.
- Hirata M, Watanabe Y, Kanematsu T, Ozaki S, Koga T (1995) D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate analogues substituted at the 3-hydroxyl group.BiochimBiophysActa 1244: 404-410.
- Baron CB, Ozaki S, Watanabe Y, Hirata M, LaBelle EF, et al. (1995) Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding to porcine tracheal smooth muscle aldolase.J BiolChem 270: 20459-20465.
- Kanematsu T, Misumi Y, Watanabe Y, Ozaki S, et al. (1996) A new inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding protein similar to phospholipase C-d 1. Biochemical Journal 313: 319-325.
- Watanabe Y, Hirata M, Ogasawara T, Koga T, Ozaki S (1991) Synthesis and characterization of a photoaffinity probe possessing biotinyl and azidobenzoyl moieties for IP3-affiniated protein. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 1: 399-402.
- Ozaki S, Koga Y, Ling L, Watanabe Y, Kimura Y, et al. (1994) Synthesis of 2-substituted myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakis(phosphate) and 1,3,4,5,6-pentakis(phosphate) analogs. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 67: 1058-1063.
- Ozaki S, Watanabe Y, Hirata M, Ogasawara Y, Kanematsu T, et al. (1993) Inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate Affinity Chromatography. Fishing out Ins (1,4,5) P3-recognizable Protein. Drug Design for neuroscience Edit Alan Kozikowski Raven Press: 417-434.
- Ozaki S, Kong X, Watanabe Y, Ogasawara T (1997) Synthesis of affinity column of phosphatidylinositol-3,4-diphosphate. Chinese Journal of Chemistry 15: 556-561.
- Yagisawa H, Hirata M, Kanematsu T, Watanabe Y, Ozaki S, et al. (1994) Expression and characterization of an inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding domain of phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C-delta 1.J BiolChem 269: 20179-20188.
- Yoshida M, Kanematsu T, Watanabe Y, Koga T, Ozaki S, et al. (1994) D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate-binding proteins in rat brain membranes.J Biochem 115: 973-980.
- Hirata M, Kanematsu T, Sakuma K, Koga T, Watanabe Y, et al. (1994) D-myo-Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding domain of phospholipase C-d 1. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 205: 1563-1571.
- Moriya S, Kazlauskas A, Akimoto K, Hirai S, Mizuno K, et al. (1996) Platelet-derived growth factor activates protein kinase C epsilon through redundant and independent signaling pathways involving phospholipase C gamma or phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase.ProcNatlAcadSci U S A 93: 151-155.
- Hogan SP, Foster PS, Hansbro PM, Ozaki S, Denborough MA (1994) Detection and partial purification of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-kinase from porcine skeletal muscle.Cell Signal 6: 233-243.
- Hidenori M, Hiroaki K, Motonari T, Yoshitaka O, Tadaomi T, et al. (1996) Isolation of the active form of RAC-protein kinase (PKB/Akt) from transfected COS-7 cells treated with heat shock stress and effects of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate on its enzyme activity. FEBS Letters 396: 305-308.
- Foster PS, Hogan SP, Hansbro PM, O'Brien R, Potter BV, et al. (1994) The metabolism of D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate and D-myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate by porcine skeletal muscle.Eur J Biochem 222: 955-964.
- Yagisawa H, Hirata M, Kanematsu T, Watanabe Y, Ozaki S, et al. (1994) Expression and characterization of an inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate binding domain of phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C-d 1. Journal of Biological Chemistry 269: 79-88.
- Bertsch U, Haefs M, Moller M, Deschermeier C, Fanick W, etal. (1999) A novel A-isoform-like inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-kinase from chicken erythrocytes exhibits alternative splicing and conservation of intron positions between vertebrates and invertebrates. Gene 228: 61-71.
- Inoue M, Sakamoto Y, Fujishiro N, Imanaga I, Ozaki S, et al. (2003) Homogeneous Ca2+ stores in rat adrenal chromaffin cells.Cell Calcium 33: 19-26.
- Lin H, Ozaki S, Fujishiro N, Takeda K, Imanaga I, et al. (2005) Subunit composition and role of Na+,K+-ATPases in adrenal chromaffin cells.J Physiol 564: 161-172.
- Ronald WH, Michael DH, Scott DS, Stephen KF, Balla T, etal. (2000) A pleckstrin homology domain specific for phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PtdIns-4,5-P2) and fused to green fluorescent protein identifies plasma membrane PtdIns-4,5-P2 as being important in exocytosis. Journal of Biological Chemistry 275: 17878-17885.
- Ozaki S, Wald D, Shope BD, Chen CJ, Jian P, etal. (2000) Intracellular delivery of phosphoinositides and inositol phosphates using polyamine carriers. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 97: 11286-11291.
- Prestwich GD, Chen R, Feng L, Ozaki S, Ferguson CG, et al. (2002) In situ detection of phospholipid and phosphoinositide metabolism.Adv Enzyme Regul 42: 19-38.
- Dewald DB, Ozaki S, Malaviya S, Shope JC, Manabe K, et al. (2005) Cellular calcium mobilization in response to phosphoinositide delivery.Cell Calcium 38: 59-72.
- Ozaki S, DeWald DB, Shope JC, Chen J, Prestwich GD (2000) Intracellular delivery of phosphoinositides and inositol phosphates using polyamine carriers.ProcNatlAcadSci U S A 97: 11286-11291.
- Maruyama T, Kanaji T, Nakade S, Kanno T, Mikoshiba K (1997) 2APB, 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate, a membrane-penetrable modulator of Ins(1,4,5)P3-induced Ca2+ release.J Biochem 122: 498-505.
- Iwasaki H, Mori Y, Hara Y, Uchida K, Zhou H, et al. (2001) 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate (2-APB) inhibits capacitative calcium entry independently of the function of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors.Receptors Channels 7: 429-439.
- Zhou H, Iwasaki H, Nakamura T, Nakamura K, Maruyama T, et al. (2007) 2-Aminoethyl diphenylborinate analogues: selective inhibition for store-operated Ca2+ entry.BiochemBiophys Res Commun 352: 277-282.
- Mikoshiba K, Ozaki S, Suzuki A, Nakamura T (2007) Preparation of bisboron compounds controlling calcium concentration in cells. PCT IntAppl 118.
- Mikoshiba K, Ozaki S, Ebii E (2009) Preparation of phenylborinic acid, poly(arylhydroxyborane), and their esters as intracellular calcium concentration regulators. JpnKokaiTokkyoKoho 138.
- Mikoshiba K, Nukina N, Ozaki S, Hamada K, Goto J, etal. (2010) Preparation of phenylboron compounds as polyglutamine aggregation inhibitor.
- Goto J, Suzuki AZ, Ozaki S, Matsumoto N, Nakamura T, et al. (2010) Two novel 2-aminoethyl diphenylborinate (2-APB) analogues differentially activate and inhibit store-operated Ca(2+) entry via STIM proteins.Cell Calcium 47: 1-10.
- Suzuki AZ, Ozaki S, Goto J, Mikoshiba K (2010) Synthesis of bisboron compounds and their strong inhibitory activity on store-operated calcium entry. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 20: 1395-1398.
- Ozaki S, Suzuki AZ, Bauer PO, Ebisui E, Mikoshiba K (2013) 2-Aminoethyl diphenylborinate (2-APB) analogues: regulation of Ca2+ signaling.BiochemBiophys Res Commun 441: 286-290.
- Ozaki S (2014) 2-Aminoethyl diphenylborinate (2APB) analogues:part 2. regulators of Ca2+ release and consequent cellular processes. Archives of Physiology 1: 1-6.
- Mackenzie L, Bootman MD, Berridge MJ, Lipp P (2001) Predetermined recruitment of calcium release sites underlies excitation-contraction coupling in rat atrial myocytes.J Physiol 530: 417-429.
- Lipp P, Laine M, Tovey SC, Burrell KM, Berridge MJ, et al. (2000) Functional InsP3 receptors that may modulate excitation-contraction coupling in the heart.CurrBiol 10: 939-942.
- Mackenzie L, Bootman MD, Laine M, Berridge MJ, Thuring J, et al. (2002) The role of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in Ca(2+) signalling and the generation of arrhythmias in rat atrial myocytes.J Physiol 541: 395-409.
- Proven A, Roderick HL, Conway SJ, Berridge MJ, Horton JK, et al. (2006) Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate supports the arrhythmogenic action of endothelin-1 on ventricular cardiac myocytes.J Cell Sci 119: 3363-3375.
- Berridge MJ (2010) Calcium hypothesis of Alzheimer's disease.Pflugers Arch 459: 441-449.
- Berridge MJ (2011) Calcium signalling and Alzheimer's disease.Neurochem Res 36: 1149-1156.
- Chen R, Valencia I, Zhong F, McColl KS, Roderick HL, et al. (2004) Bcl-2 functionally interacts with inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors to regulate calcium release from the ER in response to inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate.J Cell Biol 166: 193-203.
- Berridge MJ (2013) Dysregulation of neural calcium signaling in Alzheimer disease, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.Prion 7: 2-13.
- Bauer OP, Hudec R, Ozaki S, Okuno M, Ebisui E, etal. (2011) Genetic ablation and chemical inhibition of IP3R1 reduce mutant Huntington aggregation. BiochemBiophys Res Commun 416: 13-17.
- Zimmermann TJ, Bürger M, Tashiro E, Kondoh Y, Martinez NE, et al. (2013) Boron-based inhibitors of acyl protein thioesterases 1 and 2.Chembiochem 14: 115-122.
- Ozaki S, Ebisui E, Hamada K, Goto J, Suzuki AZ, et al. (2010) Potent transglutaminase inhibitors, aryl beta-aminoethyl ketones.Bioorg Med ChemLett 20: 1141-1144.
- Ozaki S, Ebisui E, Hamada K, Suzuki AZ, Terauchi A, et al. (2011) Potent transglutaminaseinhibitors,Dithioß-aminoethy l ketones. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 21: 377-379.