Editor’s Note: Vascular Diseases and Vascular Malformations
Received Date: Dec 28, 2018 / Accepted Date: Dec 29, 2018 / Published Date: Dec 30, 2018
Journal of blood and Lymph is an International peer reviewed journal with particular interest toward blood disorders and lymphatic disorders . Blood and lymph are two specialized body fluids with varied functions that may be involved in several systemic diseases. So besides regular issues, usually dedicated Supplement is produced by Journal of Blood and Lymph to improve data concerning such medical aspect or particular clinical condition. This additional production of Supplement issues is in agreement with all editorial policy to produce additional updates to a regular editorial production.
So, because the great interest of Journal of Blood and Lymph to venous thromboembolism (VTE) testified by a progressive increase of submitted articles on VTE, a specific supplement has been dedicated to particular clinical conditions associated to VTE. The present supplement, in fact, is dedicated to Vascular Diseases and Vascular Malformations with several articles addressed to clinical and laboratory updates during specific vascular complications. A relevant number of articles in fact appear as case report of particular anatomic variants or acquired laboratory alteration of systemic illness; moreover also great experience of clinical complications of VTE occurring in particular condition as oncology or vascular anatomic abnormalities are present in the supplement in order to increase knowledge of readers.
The first article of the supplement is totally focused on alteration of haemostasis during sepsis and to related pathological mechanisms that lead to vascular thrombotic complications as VTE or disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) .
The second article is dedicated to autoimmune abnormalities present in particular clinical lymphedemas, in particular to a specific genetic mutation that may induce a specific clinical feature. Moreover, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for the clinical management are easily discussed in the report .
The third and fourth articles are case reports on the clinical development and management of particular episodes of VTE occurring for anatomic malformation (e.g. vena cava agenesia) and in the other case for the chronic use and presence of peripheral inserted central catheter (PICC). The first case easily explain as the anatomic malformation is associated not only to early onset of VTE but also to recurrent VTE and development of post thrombotic syndrome of lower limb ; the second case is focused on the most frequent complication of PICC (i.e. VTE) that may induce not only further thrombotic complication as pulmonary embolism but also following infection of PICC with risk of sepsis .
The fifth article is a further clinical case report of a good outcome of haemolytic anaemia occurring as complication of a Lymphatic disorder as Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. The report offers also interesting clinical point of discussion of differential diagnosis and therapeutic regimen to treat this frequent complication of NHL .
Also the sixth article is a case report that has been focused on the difficult management of severe dyspnoea induced by anaemia. The acute needful treatment of the anaemia was transfusion but several troubles were detected because the presence of several alloantibodies present in the sera of the host .
The last article is a specialistic report of the Italian society of Internal Medicine FADOI focused of available data and future perspectives of treatment of VTE with direct oral anticoagulants in oncological patients . These drugs are prompt to substitute low molecular weight heparins in the treatment of this cancer associated thrombosis. So all reported data in this supplement may help the reader to increase his\her knowledge to manage particular clinical condition on clinical practice.
- Peraramelli S (2018) Editor Note-Journal of Blood and Lymph . J Blood Lymph 8: e125.
- Di Micco P, Lodigiani C (2018) Alteration of Haemostasis during Sepsis: A Complex Multifactorial Pathological Action. J Blood Lymph S1: 006.
- Macciò A, Fiore P, Cavallero G, Caruso S (2018) Autoinflammatory Disease Associated to Lymphedema (AISLE) a New Genetic Disease Responding to Anti-IL-1 Treatment and Lymphatic Complex Therapy. J Blood Lymph S1: 001
- Cannavacciuolo F, Allegorico E, Mangiacapra S, Vivolo S, Di Micco P, et al. (2018) Inferior Vena Cava Agenesia and its Association with Venous Thromboembolism: A Case Report. J Blood Lymph S1: 003.
- Di Micco P, Di Micco G, Lodigiani C (2018) Upper Limb DVT in an Oncological Patient with a PICC Treated with Edoxaban: A Case Report. J Blood Lymph S1: 004.
- Gunawardena D, Moonesinghe CS, Wijesiriwardena IS, Kulathilake HWCK (2018) Case Report of Autoimmune Haemolysis with Lymphoma-Managing the Impossible. J Blood Lymph S1: 002.
- Raturi M, Prasad S (2018) Optimal Skills Desirable to Identify Multiple Alloantibodies in a Patient . J Blood Lymph S1: 005.
- Fontanella A, Campanini M, Dentali F, Gussoni G, Manfellotto D, et al. (2018) Antithrombotic treatment of Cancer Associated Thrombosis: it may change . J Blood Lymph S1: 007.
Citation: Di Micco P (2018) Editor’s Note: Vascular Diseases and Vascular Malformations. J Blood Lymph S1: e001. DOI: 10.4172/2165-7831.S1-e001
Copyright: © 2018 Di Micco P. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
- Total views: 566
- [From(publication date): 0-0 - Dec 07, 2019]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 529
- PDF downloads: 37