Human Suicide Risk Study and Treatment: A Mathematical Approach
Received Date: Apr 22, 2018 / Accepted Date: May 10, 2018 / Published Date: May 18, 2018
Antidepressants can relief human human depressive symptoms-possibly association with human suicide events. The mechanisms of action for these drugs remain to be established. The patho-therapeutic relationships between mental genetics and suicidal risks have also been proposed more recently. To deal with the hot topic of suicide prevention and treatments, mathematical approaches seem revolutionary ideas. Hopefully, suicidal risks and therapeutic outcomes can be improved in the future.
Keywords: Human genome human suicide; Mental disorder; Genetic diagnostics; Drug developments; Suicide prevention; Suicide treatments; Molecular target
Human suicide is the causality of a great number of human mortality (2% human mortality worldwide) ; which is a common symptom of human depression worldwide [1-8]. Owing to long term economic depression in recent years; human suicide might still persist among most nations. In order to reduce human suicide; some good examples and paradigms have been speculated and systematical investigated during the past several decades-including the developments of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) [1-8].
Causality of Human Suicide
The causality of human suicides can be diversified; Several major factors are enlisted as; Human mental illness ; Past physical or psychiatric traumas ; Environmental/economical burden or pressures ; Human genetic changes [1,5,6]; Current therapeutics show some positive outcomes in suicidal/mental illness treatments (Table 1) .
|Animal models and studies||Optogenetics GEM|
|Clinical PG studies||Human metabolic enzymes, such as CYP2D6
Drug-active or drug-toxic genes (SNPs)
|Genome-wide association studies (GWAS)||More than 10 genetic allels are discovered|
|Other biological systems||Molecular Bioinformatics|
Table 1: Brief outlines of current achievements relating to antidepressant therapies.
Genetic or Molecular Approaches
Like many biomedical factors aforementioned; laboratory facility supports and technical details also determine the quality of suicide study [13-15]. Previously; the severity of drug risks and drug responses are decided by different types of toxicity symptoms. Integration of these two different types of diagnostics (symptom score systems as well as genetic/molecular technology) is a future trend.
Mathematical Study of Human Suicide
Given the fact that a lot of inherent/environmental factors can induce human suicide [8-11]; suicide prevention and treatments are very difficult. Mathematical approaches can help to find these relations. In the previous study; we give an equation of their possibilities ;
In order to find the overlap of their interactions; we offer a new equation;
X=ƒ(U1;…; Uk) (2)
X; Total suicide rates
U; Individual causality.
Furthermore; it can be calculated in eqn. (3).
T (P1;…; Pn)=ϴ (Pn) (3)
Overall; we believe that we can learn more after these computational calculation and statistics .
There is no well-established ideology for suicide causality and treatment now. Several types of diseases; such as mental disorders are possible targets for drug intervention [1-8,17,18]. In the future; modern diagnostics for suicide and treatments in clinics must be strengthened and categorized. Increasing mandatory genetic/molecular/image diagnostic trials are required in most advanced countries in the future including mathematical ones.
- Bondy B, Buettner A, Zill P (2006) Genetics of suicide. Mol Psychiatry11: 336-351.
- Lu DY (2017) Suicide Risks and Treatments, New Ideas and Future Perspectives. Nova Science Publishers, New York, US.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Lu Y, Cao S (2017) Introduction for suicide study. J Metabolic Synd 6:227.
- Lu DY, Wu HY, Cao S, Lu Y, Yarla NS, et al. (2017) Historical analysis of suicide/mental disorder and current diagnostics in clinics. In: Lu DY (ed.) Suicide Risks and Treatments, New Ideas and Future Perspectives. Nova Science Publishers, New York, US.
- Lu DY, Lu TR,Che JY, Zhu PP (2014) Genetics and bioinformatics studies of antidepressant drug therapeutic efficacies and toxicities, a current overview. Recent Pat. CNS Drug Discov 9:193-199.
- LuDY, Lu TR, Zhu PP, Che JY (2015) Genetics and bioinformatics study of antidepressant drugs, recent advancements and future trends. In:Weaver B (ed.) Suicidal Ideation: Predictors, Prevalence and Prevention. Nova Science Publishing. US,pp: 57-71.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Zhu PP, Yarla NS, Wu HY (2017) Current suicide prediction, prevention and treatments. Suicide Risks and Treatments, New Ideas and Future Perspectives In: Lu DY (ed.) Suicide Risks and Treatments, New Ideas and Future Perspectives. Nova Science Publishers, New York, US, pp: 25-38.
- Serafini G, Salano P, Amore M (2015) Suicidal ideation: a comprehensive overview. In: Weaver B (ed.)Suicidal Ideation: Predictors, Prevalence and Prevention. Nova Science Publishing. US, pp: 1-42.
- Lu DY, Zhu PP, Wu HY, Yarla NS, Zhu H, et al. (2016) Human suicide study, is there an associations between suicide and mental illness. Metabolomics 6:186.
- Cornelius JR, Walker JD, Klima G, Fisher B(2015) Suicidal symptoms among veterans with chronic PTSD evaluated for treatment at a VA hospital. In: Weaver B (ed.) Suicidal Ideation: Predictors, Prevalence and Prevention. Nova Science Publishing. US, pp: 43-56.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Zhu PP,Che JY (2016) The efficacies and toxicities of antidepressant drugs in clinics, building the relationship between Chemo-Genetics and Socio-Environments. Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem16:12-18.
- While D, Bickley H, Roscoe A, Windfuhr K, Rahman S, et al. (2012) Implementation of mental health service recommendations in England and Wales and suicide rates, 1997-2006: a cross-sectional and before-and-after observational study. Lancet 379:1005-1012.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Ding J, Wu HY, Yarla NS, et al. (2017) Therapeutic drug developments and clinical utilities. In: Lu DY (ed.) Suicide Risks and Treatments, New Ideas and Future Perspectives. Nova Science Publishers, New York, US, pp: 63-72.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Zhu PP (2012)How can we pinpoint genetic involvement in antidepressant-induced suicide? Adv Pharmacoepidem Drug Safety1: e101.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Zhu PP (2013) Pharmacogenetics in neural toxicities of drugs. Pharmacogenomics 14: 1129-1131.
- Gentle JE (2002) Elements of Computational Statistics. Springer Science, Germany.
- Fleischmann A (2005) Suicidal behavior prevention: WHO perspective on research. Am J Med Genet Sem Med Genetics 133: 8-12.
- Pashak TJ (2017) Mental disorders are not real: using skepticism and critical thinking to challenge key myths in the science of mental health. J Ment Disord Treat 31:140.
Citation: Lu DY, Lu TR (2018) Human Suicide Risk Study and Treatment: A Mathematical Approach. J Ment Disord Treat 4: 161. DOI: 10.4172/2471-271X.1000161
Copyright: © 2018 Lu DY, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
- Total views: 1129
- [From(publication date): 0-2018 - Jan 23, 2019]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 1097
- PDF downloads: 32