Obesity, Risks and Managements
Received Date: Feb 19, 2018 / Accepted Date: Feb 20, 2018 / Published Date: Feb 26, 2018
Obesity is an undesired phenotype/symptom that causes many troubles to whom suffers from it . However, it is difficult to be remedied by existing management measures and resources. Many types of therapeutic/management measures have been developed for this symptom-some of these measures are even very expensive or harmful for the sufferers . Usually, body-weight loss effort fails after discontinuation of intervention. This article tried to shed new light on this matter.
More than 1/4 of global adult population is overweight, even obesity. Obesity persons have a higher risk of many diseases, such as depression, diabetes, cardiovascular risks and so on [2-7]. In addition, obesity youngsters often meet with some kinds of other environmental factors and stresses that make them more likely episode of romance failures in blind-date, difficult to find decent jobs and lower possibility of position promotion. From these obesity sufferers, losing weight is their first choice and addictive with.
Disease Managements up to Now
Generally speaking, purposed weight loss is very difficult no matter from personal practice and seeking medicine from specialized doctors or hospitals. Only small proportion of obesity people can receive excellent therapeutic responses in the clinic. Many people, especially personal practice regain their weight after therapeutic discontinuation. As a result, most obesity people struggle with this problem in a longterm.
Human obesity is caused by a lot of different factors-including:
Sedentary less physical exercises
Behavior (alcoholic and laziness)
Hormonal or blood glucose level escalations
Cardiovascular risks (heart-attack and so on)
Type 2 diabetes
Immune system impairment
Mental illness (suicide, intimidate and so on)
Major Counteractive Measures
Consumption of more fresh fruits, vegetable and seafood
Life-style adjustments (exercises, Yoga, Qi-gong and meditation)
Surgery (gastric bariatric surgery)
New and update obesity therapeutics should be targeted to disease originality and causality. Without these targeted therapeutics, clinical obesity therapy will be unchanged and less responsive.
Genomic study of obesity might bring us many new insights into this chronic phenotype/symptom [12-14]. Along with the advance of other diseases, the patho-therapeutic knowledge of obesity might be improved by this genomic approach in the future.
New insights into human obesity causality and therapeutics may help those sufferers with overweight and even obesity. We need to promote these researches in the near future. Look forward to new generation of medical breakthroughs for obesity control.
- World Health Organization. WHO, Obesity and overweight. 2018.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Lu TR, et al. (2017) Types 2 diabetes prevention, treatments and new drug developments. Clinical Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic Drugs. 2017: 4.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Lisa D, et al. (2017) Diabetes prevention and treatments, a specific topic for modern medicines. J Metabolic Syndrome. 8: 231
- Lu DY, Che JY, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Xu B, et al. (2017) Type 2 diabetes, medical knowledge and pharmaceutical innovations. J Diabetology. 1: 1-3.
- Ahmad S (2013) Diabetes: An Old Disease, A New Insights. Springer Science.
- Zimmet PZ, Magliano DJ, Herman WH, Shaw JE, et al. (2014) Diabetes; a 21st century challenge. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2: 56-64.
- Fuchs S, Henschke C, Blmel M, Busse R (2014). Disease management programs for type 2 diabetes in Germany; a systematic literature review evaluating effectiveness. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 111: 453-463.
- Singh A, Srivastav R, Randey AK (2017) Protective role of Terminalia Chebula in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice for wound healing activity. Brit J Medicine & Medical Res. 22: 1-8.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Wu HY, Lu TR (2014) The pathogenesis and treatments of diabetes, questions and answers. Cell & Developmental Biology. 3: e126.
- Lu DY, Che JY, Wu HY, Lu TR (2014) The pathogenesis and treatments of diabetes, a new insight. Advanced Techniques in Biology & Medicine 2: e102.
- Asche C, Lafleur J, Conner C (2011) A review of diabetes treatment adherence and the association with clinical and economic outcomes. Clinical Therapeutics. 33: 74-109.
- Correa-Giannella ML, Machado UF (2013) SLC2A4 gene: a promising target for pharmacogenomics of insulin resistance. Pharmacogenomics. 14: 847-850.
- Lander ES (2011) Initial impact of the sequencing of the human genome. Nature. 470: 187-197.
- Rahimzadeh V, Bartlett G (2017) Policies and practices of data-intensive primary care in the precision-medicine era. Internal Medicine Rev. 3: 1-14.
- Lu DY, Che JY (2014) Rethink of diabetes treatment and drug development. Cell & Developmental Biology. 3: e125
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Cao S (2013) Drug combinations in cancer treatment. Clin Exp Pharmacol 3: 134.
- Lu DY, Chen EH, Wu HY, Lu TR, Xu B, et al. (2017). Anticancer drug combination, how far we can go through? Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 17: 21-28.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Yarla NS, Wu HY, Xu B, et al. (2017). Drug combination in clinical cancer treatment. Reviews on Recent Clinical Trials. 12: 202-211.
- Lu DY, Lu TR, Lu Y, Sastry N, Wu HY (2016) Discover natural chemical drugs in modern medicines. Metabolomics. 6: 181.
- Alam F, Islam MA, Kamal MA, Gam SH (2016) Updates on managing type 2 diabetes mellitus with natural products. Towards antidiabetic drug developments. Curr Med Chem. 23: 1-37.
Citation: Lu DY, Che JY, Yi L, Wu HY, Yarla NS, et al. (2018) Obesity, Risks and Managements. Metabolomics (Los Angel) 8: e156. DOI: 10.4172/2153-0769.1000e155
Copyright: © 2018 Lu DY, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
- Total views: 568
- [From(publication date): 0-2018 - Sep 20, 2018]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 531
- PDF downloads: 37