alexa Chemical Pneumonitis Due to Accidental Ingestion of Liquid Mosquito Repellent Vaporizer: A Case Report | OMICS International| Abstract
ISSN: 2161-0495

Journal of Clinical Toxicology
Open Access

Like us on:

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)
All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.
  • Case Report   
  • J Clin Toxicol 2019, Vol 9(2): 415

Chemical Pneumonitis Due to Accidental Ingestion of Liquid Mosquito Repellent Vaporizer: A Case Report

Uma Maheshwari R, Thandapani Kanimozhi* and Arulkumaran Arunagirinathan
Department of Paediatrics, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Puducherry, India
*Corresponding Author : Thandapani Kanimozhi, Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatrics, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Puducherry, India, Tel: +919952262500, Email: [email protected]

Received Date: Feb 08, 2019 / Accepted Date: Apr 05, 2019 / Published Date: Apr 12, 2019

Abstract

Mosquito repellents are widely used as varied forms in endemic areas infested with mosquitoes. Most vaporizers contain pyrethroid compounds. Children due to their exploratory nature and their mouthing stage are prone for ingestion and poisoning. Much of the reviewed literature pertaining to pyrethroids is related to neurological manifestations. Volatile solvents usually present in commercial formulations may also enhance pyrethroid toxicity. To the best of author’s knowledge, liquid mosquito repellent vaporizer (LMRV) manifesting only as respiratory illness is uncommon, with this context, we report a two-year-old toddler with an accidental ingestion of LMRV leading to chemical pneumonitis.

Keywords: Child; Poisoning; Transfluthrin; Kerosene

Citation: Uma Maheshwari R, Kanimozhi T, Arunagirinathan A (2019) Chemical Pneumonitis Due to Accidental Ingestion of Liquid Mosquito Repellent Vaporizer: A Case Report. J Clin Toxicol 9: 415.

Copyright: © 2019 Uma Maheshwari R, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language

Post Your Comment Citation
Share This Article
Article Usage
  • Total views: 250
  • [From(publication date): 0-0 - Jul 24, 2019]
  • Breakdown by view type
  • HTML page views: 221
  • PDF downloads: 29
Leave Your Message 24x7
Top