Reach Us +44-1625-708989
Effect of Erythropoietin Therapy on the Lipid Profile in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease and#8211; A Single Center Study | OMICS International | Abstract
ISSN: 2161-0959

Journal of Nephrology & Therapeutics
Open Access

Like us on:

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Research Article

Effect of Erythropoietin Therapy on the Lipid Profile in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease – A Single Center Study

Ali J Hashim Al-Saedi1*, Sabah N Alwachi2 and Abdul Hakeem A Karim3

1Nephrologist-Al kindy College of Medicine, University of Baghdad, Iraq

2Professor of Physiology, Department of Biology, College of Science, University of Baghdad, Iraq

3Biologist, College of Basic Education, Al Mustansiriya University, Iraq

*Corresponding Author:
Ali J Hashim Al-Saedi
Faculty of Medicine-Al Kindy College of Medicine
University of Baghdad, Iraq
E-mail: [email protected]

Received Date: August 16, 2013; Accepted Date: September 17, 2013; Published Date: September 21, 2013

Citation: Al-Saedi AJH, Alwachi SN, Karim AHA(2013) Effect of Erythropoietin Therapy on the Lipid Profile in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease – A Single Center Study. J Nephrol Ther 3:140. doi:10.4172/2161-0959.1000140

Copyright: © 2013 Al-Saedi AJH, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.


Dyslipidemia is common in chronic kidney disease patients and alterations in serum lipid profile vary widely depending on the level of kidney function. We studied two hundred Iraqi patients who were diagnosed as having chronic kidney disease from June 2011 to January 2013. They were given erythropoietin for seven months. One hundred sixty patients (80%) showed response to treatment with an improvement in lipid profile, while the other 40 patients (20%) showed no significant response to treatment. In conclusion, treatment with erythropoietin seems to positively influence the lipid profile in patients with chronic kidney disease.


Peer Reviewed Journals
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2018-19
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

Agri and Aquaculture Journals

Dr. Krish

[email protected]

+1-702-714-7001Extn: 9040

Biochemistry Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Business & Management Journals


[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Chemistry Journals

Gabriel Shaw

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9040

Clinical Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Engineering Journals

James Franklin

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Food & Nutrition Journals

Katie Wilson

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

General Science

Andrea Jason

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9043

Genetics & Molecular Biology Journals

Anna Melissa

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9006

Immunology & Microbiology Journals

David Gorantl

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9014

Materials Science Journals

Rachle Green

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Nursing & Health Care Journals

Stephanie Skinner

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Medical Journals

Nimmi Anna

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9038

Neuroscience & Psychology Journals

Nathan T

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9041

Pharmaceutical Sciences Journals

Ann Jose

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9007

Social & Political Science Journals

Steve Harry


[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

© 2008- 2018 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version