Organophosphate (OP) Poisoning Case Report by the Ingestion of a Potential Lethal Dose; its Management and Appropriate ProtocolAbbas SS1,2*, Khan S1 and Ejaz SY2
- Corresponding Author:
- Abbas SS
Faculty of Pharmacy, Jinnah University for Women, Karachi, Pakistan
E-mail: [email protected]
Received Date: July 23, 2016; Accepted Date: August 10, 2016; Published Date: August 12, 2016
Citation: Abbas SS, Khan S, Ejaz SY (2016) Organophosphate (OP) Poisoning Case Report by the Ingestion of a Potential Lethal Dose; it’s Management and Appropriate Protocol. Pharmaceut Reg Affairs 5:170. doi: 10.4172/2167-7689.1000170
Copyright: © 2016 Abbas SS et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Organophosphate (OP) poisoning continues to be a recurrent cause for admission to hospitals and intensive care units (ICU) in under emergent countries. OP poisoning is the most commonly prevailing up to the ratio of (27.64%) and has the highest death ratio (13.88%) of poisoning in Asia. This poisonings causes up to 25% mortality rate worldwide. In this case presentation a young girl age was sent to ICU after ingestion of OP insecticide. Where medical practitioner prescribed some irrational medications which are of veto use and also don’t follow customary protocols for treating this poisoning case, the main reason behind this miss hap would probably be the lack of pharmacist intervention in health care team. This is the major drawback of our public sector hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan. Responsiveness and right treatment protocols can trim down both mortality and morbidity rates in the city and prompt appropriate therapeutic dealings can execute better prognosis in these types of urgent situations and may decreased further impediments.