The Role of Management Information Systems in the Effectiveness of Managerial Decision Making in Greater Irbid Municipality
Received Date: Jun 14, 2017 / Accepted Date: Sep 12, 2017 / Published Date: Sep 25, 2017
This study aimed to highlight the reality of using management information systems in managerial decision making in greater Irbid Municipality and to explore its role in the effectiveness of managerial decision making. In order to verify the study hypotheses, t-test was used as well as some of the descriptive statistics tools such as arithmetic averages and standard deviation to measure the dispersion in the opinion of individuals of the sample of the study using the statistical package SPSS. The analysis of the study and the testing of its hypotheses have revealed a set of results, most importantly the followings:
• Management information systems have a medium to high effectiveness role in greater Irbid municipality.
• Management information systems have a role in providing the required information to make managerial decision that their degree of convenience range from moderate to high.
• There is a relationship between the uses of management information systems and the effectiveness of managerial decision making.
• Improving management information systems impacts the effectiveness of managerial decision making.
Keywords: Management information systems; Managerial decision making; Greater Irbid Municipality
Citation: Yassine FLYA (2017) The Role of Management Information Systems in the Effectiveness of Managerial Decision Making in Greater Irbid Municipality. Arabian J Bus Manag Review 7: 315.
Copyright: © 2017 Yassine FLYA. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
- Total views: 14588
- [From(publication date): 0-2017 - Dec 11, 2019]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 14011
- PDF downloads: 577