alexa Utility of CD3 and CD30 in Immunophenotyping of Lymphomas Among Sudanese Patients | OMICS International | Abstract
ISSN: 1948-5956

Journal of Cancer Science & Therapy
Open Access

Like us on:

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Research Article

Utility of CD3 and CD30 in Immunophenotyping of Lymphomas Among Sudanese Patients

Hussain Gadelkarim Ahmed1*, Tumadir Mohmmed Adam1, Nagla.K.Basama2 and Ahmed Abdulla Agabeldor3

1Department of Histopathology and Cytology, Faculty of Medical laboratory Sciences, Khartoum, Sudan

2University of Gazira, Center of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Madani, Sudan

3University of Kordofan, Faculty of medicine, Obied, Sudan

*Corresponding Author:
Dr. Hussain Gadelkarim Ahmed
University of Khartoum, 102
Faculty of medical laboratory sciences, Khartoum, Sudan
E-mail: [email protected] edu, [email protected]

Received date: October 13, 2010; Accepted date: December 02, 2010; Published date: May 01, 2011

Citation: Ahmed HG, Adam TM, Basama NK, Agabeldor AA (2011) Utility of CD3 and CD30 in Immunophenotyping of Lymphomas Among Sudanese Patients. J Cancer Sci Ther 3:116-119. doi:10.4172/1948-5956.1000071

Copyright: © 2011 Ahmed HG, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

Abstract

Background and Aims: Phenotypic analysis of lymphomas is now considered compulsory for precise classification which is the starting point for best possible patient management. The aims of this study were to investigate the frequencies of T cell (using CD3) and Hodgkin's cell (using CD30) lymphomas in Sudan. Methods: In this retrospective study, paraffin embedded tissue blocks from 62 patients with lymphomas and three patients with benign lymph proliferative disorders were studied. Although, all of the 65 specimens were immunostained for CD3, only 30 specimens were immunostained for CD30 expression. Results: Out of the 62 cases of lymphomas, 13(21%) were cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma and the remaining 49 (79%) were Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. Of the 62 cases immunostained for CD3 expression, 15(24%) were identified as CD3-positive. Of the 30 cases immunostained for CD30 expression, 12(40%) were demonstrated as CD30-positive, all of them from the cases of Hodgkin's lymphomas. Conclusion: There is high frequency of T-cell lymphomas among Sudanese lymphoma's patients. CD30 marker has a reasonable specificity and sensitivity measures as a marker for identifying Hodgkin's lymphomas. Studies for immunophenotyping of lymphoma with extra markers are highly recommended.

Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2018-19
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

Agri & Aquaculture Journals

Dr. Krish

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9040

Biochemistry Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Business & Management Journals

Ronald

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Chemistry Journals

Gabriel Shaw

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9040

Clinical Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Engineering Journals

James Franklin

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Food & Nutrition Journals

Katie Wilson

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

General Science

Andrea Jason

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9043

Genetics & Molecular Biology Journals

Anna Melissa

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9006

Immunology & Microbiology Journals

David Gorantl

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9014

Materials Science Journals

Rachle Green

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Nursing & Health Care Journals

Stephanie Skinner

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Medical Journals

Nimmi Anna

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9038

Neuroscience & Psychology Journals

Nathan T

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9041

Pharmaceutical Sciences Journals

Ann Jose

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9007

Social & Political Science Journals

Steve Harry

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

 
© 2008- 2018 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
Leave Your Message 24x7