alexa Effectiveness Of BCG Vaccination In Preventing Tuberculosis
ISSN: 2157-7560

Journal of Vaccines & Vaccination
Open Access

Like us on:
OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations

700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

3rd International Conference on Vaccines & Vaccination
July 29-31, 2013 Embassy Suites Las Vegas, NV, USA

Ahtisham-Ul-Haq
Young Research Forum: J Vaccines Vaccin
DOI: 10.4172/2157-7560.S1.016
Abstract
C ommon lower respiratory tract infections include tuberculosis, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). World Health Organization (WHO) defined tuberculosis as an infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis which most commonly affects lungs. With increase in prevalence, tuberculosis (TB) is now the second only to Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) as the greatest killer worldwide due to a single infectious agent. Bacille Calmette Gu?rin (BCG) vaccination has been developed against tuberculosis to decrease the mortality from this disease. Although BCG is not commonly inoculated in America, it is routinely given to infants and children in countries where TB is prevalent. However, cases of tuberculosis have been identified even after inoculation of BCG vaccine. This study was conducted at tuberculosis and asthma clinic of Children Hospital Lahore from January 2012 to December 2012. All those children were included in the study who met the selection criteria. Out of 500 children half, 250 (50%) were male while remaining 250 (50%) were females. 227 (45.4%) were diagnosed as having TB on the basis of PPASC. 389 (77.8 %) were vaccinated while remaining 111 (22.2 %) were not vaccinated. Out of 227 children with diagnosis of TB, 91 (39.9%) were male while 136 (59.9%) were females. Out of 389 vaccinated children, 132 (33.9%) were diagnosed as having TB while out of 111 non-vaccinated children 95 (85.6%) got TB. Results of the study indicate that although vaccination with BCG decreases the prevalence of TB however, it is not 100% effective in combating with tuberculosis
Biography
Ahtisham-Ul-Haq completed his M.B.B.S at the age of 25 years from Allama Iqbal Medical College. He did his M.P.H. from Institute Of Public Health in 2004 and is currently enrolled in M.Phil. in Community Medicine. Currently he is working as additional medical superintendant at a well-reputed tertiary care hospital. He has presented his research work at various national and international forums
image PDF   |   image HTML
 
Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

Agri & Aquaculture Journals

Dr. Krish

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9040

Biochemistry Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Business & Management Journals

Ronald

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Chemistry Journals

Gabriel Shaw

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9040

Clinical Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Engineering Journals

James Franklin

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Food & Nutrition Journals

Katie Wilson

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

General Science

Andrea Jason

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9043

Genetics & Molecular Biology Journals

Anna Melissa

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9006

Immunology & Microbiology Journals

David Gorantl

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9014

Materials Science Journals

Rachle Green

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Nursing & Health Care Journals

Stephanie Skinner

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Medical Journals

Nimmi Anna

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9038

Neuroscience & Psychology Journals

Nathan T

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9041

Pharmaceutical Sciences Journals

Ann Jose

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9007

Social & Political Science Journals

Steve Harry

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

 
© 2008- 2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version