700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ ReadersThis Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)
|College of Nursing Bharatur, Nepal|
|Posters & Accepted Abstracts: J Women's Health Care|
|Menstruation is regarded as the secrete topic among female and also clouded many restrictions. Adolescent girls are not usually aware about correct practice during menstruation. This study was conducted to find out the hygienic practice of adolescents during menstruation. The study was conducted in public school of Doti district. The study sample consisted of 185 female. The study found that only a few respondents (3.8%) used single use sanitary pad,more than half (55.1%) of the respondents changed pad only once a day and non of the respondents changed their pad four times a day which is a proper practice. Majority (94.1%) of the respondents reused their pad. More than two third (68.1%) of the respondents used soap and water to clean their used pad while one quarter of the respondents (25.9%) used only plain water to clean their used pad,nearly 80% of the respondents dry the cleaned cloth in direct sunlight. About two third of the respondents (66.7%) used clean and covered place for storage of the cleaned clothes for reuse, 54.5% of the respondents throw it in open field and remaining (45.5%) bury in mud. The study revealed no association between the hygienic practice and socio-demographic variables of the respondents and there was positive correlation (r=0.217) between awareness and hygienic practice. study concludes that hygienic practice during menstruation improves with the increasing awareness of adolescents. Therefore, it is necessary to increase awareness by lunching awareness programs and should be emphasized in school curriculum as well.|
Yasoda Gautam is a lecturer in NPI-NSH,College of Nursing Bharatur, Chitwan, Nepal.
Email: [email protected]
|PDF | HTML|