alexa
Reach Us +44-1764910199
Transforming The Saudi Healthcare System Economic Perspective | 108427
ISSN: 2167-1079

Primary Healthcare: Open Access
Open Access

Our Group organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Transforming the Saudi healthcare system economic perspective

5th World Congress on Health Economics, Health Policy and Healthcare Management

Mahmoud AlYamany

President & CEO Saudi Central, Saudi Arabia

ScientificTracks Abstracts: Prim Health Care

Abstract
The cost of the Saudi healthcare system is streaming up exponentially. It is a multi-payer, multi-provider system with 75% of the provision done by the different government sectors & 25% by the private providers, the ministry of health provides 60% of the total care & also regulates healthcare provision by the private sector. The government covers 80% of the cost of care provided by the different sectors & the private insurance & out of pocket cover the remaining 20%.

The collective per-capita health expenditure in Saudi Arabia is in close to 1,200 US$ constituting about 5% of the GDP which is considered among the lower middle range of expenditure & the current access ratios & quality & outcomes are considered reasonably comparable to advanced healthcare systems.

The critical issue is the cumulative annual growth rate (CAGR) of expenditures on healthcare that approaches 6% while the country???s annual GDP grows at 4%, furthermore, with the rapidly growing population (2.3% /year) & the increasing expected age at birth in addition to the unhealthy habits of the population & the inefficiencies in the public providers side, the demand will continue to significantly increase in the future leading to further increase in the gap between health CAGR & national GDP, hence the proposal for the major transformation of healthcare, which focuses on engaging the beneficiaries, leveraging innovation & passing risk to providers as part of the system-wide vision 2030 for diversification of income & efficient spending in order to sustain subsidizing healthcare for all.
Biography

Mahmoud AlYamany Graduated from Medical School at King Saud University as Medical Doctor. He then did the full training & obtained the American & the Canadian Board in Neurosurgery. Later he obtained his Executive Masters in Health Administration from Washington University in St. Louis. He worked as a Neurosurgeon, Healthcare Executive & board member in several organizations in Saudi where he did most of his clinical & administrative practice. He presently works as the President of the Central Second Healthcare Cluster that constitutes a Medical City, 4 Hospitals & 70 Primary & Specialty Clinics located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

E-mail: [email protected]

 

Top