Author(s): Borade PS, Ballary CC, Lee DK
Abstract Share this page
Abstract Seafood-borne illnesses are a common but under recognised source of morbidity. We report the case of an 80-year-old woman who presented to hospital after collapsing in a restaurant following lunch consisting of mackerel fish. A detailed food history and clinical exclusion helped diagnose the condition as scombroid poisoning. The patient made a complete recovery following antihistamine therapy.
This article was published in Resuscitation
and referenced in Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences