alexa Accidental feeding of a dilute antiseptic solution (chlorhexidine 0.05\% with cetrimide 1\%) to five babies.
Toxicology

Toxicology

Journal of Clinical Toxicology

Author(s): Mucklow ES

Abstract Share this page

Abstract Five normal newborn breast fed babies were accidentally fed a dilute antiseptic solution (chlorhexidine 0.05\% with cetrimide 1\%) in place of sterile water, developing caustic burns of the lips, mouth and tongue within minutes; one baby became quite severely ill due to acute pulmonary oedema, but all survived without sequelae.
This article was published in Hum Toxicol and referenced in Journal of Clinical Toxicology

Relevant Expert PPTs

Relevant Speaker PPTs

Recommended Conferences

Relevant Topics

Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords