Author(s): Mortensen A, Hansen NF, Schidt OM
Abstract Share this page
Abstract Ingestion of button battery can result in serious complications if the battery becomes lodged in the oesophagus. We report a case of a 14-month-old child who died from exanguination due to aorto-oesophageal fistula caused by a lithium button battery lodged in the oesophagus. Recommendations concerning diagnostics, treatment and observations are described.
This article was published in Ugeskr Laeger
and referenced in Pediatrics & Therapeutics