alexa Duodenal perforation because of swallowed ballpoint pen and its laparoscopic management: report of a case.
Gastroenterology

Gastroenterology

Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive System

Author(s): Golffier C, Holguin F, Kobayashi A

Abstract Share this page

Abstract Accidental ingestion of foreign objects by teenagers or young adults without mental impairment is a rare event. We present a case of a patient who unintentionally swallowed a ballpoint pen several days before seeking medical attention. She concealed the event until abdominal radiographs revealed the foreign object. Because swallowed foreign objects can be potentially harmful, they should be removed endoscopically as soon as possible to prevent development of complications. At times, they need to be removed operatively. This report describes the laparoscopic removal of a ballpoint pen that perforated the duodenum. This article was published in J Pediatr Surg and referenced in Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive System

Relevant Expert PPTs

Relevant Speaker PPTs

Recommended Conferences

Relevant Topics

Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords