alexa Evaluation of the Sentinel Surveillance Program in Occupational Health in Navarra (1998-2007)


Occupational Medicine & Health Affairs

Author(s): V Garca Lpez

Abstract Share this page

BACKGROUND: To evaluate the Sentinel Surveillance Program in Occupational Health in Navarre for the 1998-2007 period, identify factors that facilitate its implementation and describe the socioeconomic characteristics of the notified cases.

METHOD: An analysis was made of all occupational sentinel events reported by primary care between 1998 and 2005. All of these were followed through to 2007.

RESULTS: In the whole period 2,055 cases were notified; 1,223 with personal identifications and 832 without (59.5% and 40.5%). These included 1,192 elbow tendinitis, 354 carpal tunnel and 417 dermatitis cases. This represents an incidence rate of 332.8 per 100,000 workers in 2005. Only 21% took sick leave and 10.5% had come to primary care after being refused attention by occupational medical insurers. The positive predictive value was 70% (confirmed as occupational). 41% of those work-related diseases were officially notified, 51% received official notification first and the remaining 49% received notification after being seen by a doctor in the public health system.

CONCLUSIONS: The Sentinel Surveillance Program in Occupational Health in Navarra is a good experience in obtaining an information system that connects the public health system and the occupational compensation system in Spain, but it requires close monitoring and coordination.

  • To read the full article Visit
  • Open Access
This article was published in ANALES DEL SISTEMA SANITARIO DE NAVARRA and referenced in Occupational Medicine & Health Affairs

Relevant Expert PPTs

Relevant Speaker PPTs

Recommended Conferences

  •  24th World Congress on Dentistry and Oral Health
    June 12-13, 2017 London, UK
  •  36th Cardiovascular Nursing & Nurse Practitioners Meeting
    July 10-11, 2017 Chicago, Illinois, USA
  •  10th World Congress on Healthcare & Technologies
    July 17-18, 2017 Lisbon, Portugal
  • 6th International Conference and Exhibition on Occupational Health & Safety

    September 13-14, 2017 Dallas, Texas, USA
  • Global Experts Meeting on Public Health and Nutrition
    October 09-11, 2017 Dubai, UAE
  • 13th International Conference on Occupational Toxicology and Industrial Health
    October 16-17, 2017 Dubai,UAE
  • 38th International Conference on Nursing & Healthcare
    October 16-18,2017 New York, USA
  •  46th Global Nursing and Healthcare Conference
    Dec 06-07, 2017 Sao Paulo, Brazil

Relevant Topics

Peer Reviewed Journals
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

Agri, Food, Aqua and Veterinary Science Journals

Dr. Krish

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9040

Clinical and Biochemistry Journals

Datta A

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Business & Management Journals


1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Journals

Gabriel Shaw

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9040

Earth & Environmental Sciences

Katie Wilson

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Engineering Journals

James Franklin

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

General Science and Health care Journals

Andrea Jason

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9043

Genetics and Molecular Biology Journals

Anna Melissa

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9006

Immunology & Microbiology Journals

David Gorantl

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9014

Informatics Journals

Stephanie Skinner

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Material Sciences Journals

Rachle Green

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Mathematics and Physics Journals

Jim Willison

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9042

Medical Journals

Nimmi Anna

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9038

Neuroscience & Psychology Journals

Nathan T

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9041

Pharmaceutical Sciences Journals

John Behannon

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9007

Social & Political Science Journals

Steve Harry

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9042

© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version