alexa Spondylodiscitis: a rare complication of button battery ingestion in a 10-month-old boy.
Clinical Research

Clinical Research

Journal of Clinical Case Reports

Author(s): Eshaghi H, Norouzi S, HeidariBateni G, Mamishi S

Abstract Share this page

Abstract Nowadays, button battery ingestion accounts for one of the common foreign body ingestions among pediatric population. Unexpected manifestations in this setting, particularly after late removal, are confusing and might be misleading and postpone the proper management. We report a case of button battery ingestion in a 10-month-old boy who was primarily considered uncomplicated. However, he was readmitted with neck stiffness, which later turned to be due to spondylodiscitis. Based on this report, we strongly recommend considering spondylodiscitis as a late but serious complication of button battery ingestion in any patient who presents with restricted neck movement following foreign body ingestion. This article was published in Pediatr Emerg Care and referenced in Journal of Clinical Case Reports

Relevant Expert PPTs

Relevant Speaker PPTs

Recommended Conferences

  • Global Experts meeting on Oncology Case Reports
    Aug 29-31, 2017 London, UK
  • Global Experts Meeting on Case Reports
    Osaka, Japan October 09-11, 2017
  • 6th Global Experts Meeting on Medical Case Reports
    October 16-18, 2017 San Francisco, California, USA

Relevant Topics

Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords