alexa Abstract | An Assessment of Patients Satisfaction with Services Obtained From a Tertiary Care Hospital in Rural Haryana

International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine & Public Health
Open Access

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations

700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Abstract

Introduction: Health care quality is a global issue. The health care industry is undergoing a rapid transformation to meet the ever-increasing needs and demands of its patient population. Hospitals are shifting from viewing patients as uneducated and with little health care choice, to recognizing that the educated consumer has many service demands and health care choices available. The closest most tool for measuring consumer experiences is the occasional patient satisfaction survey.

Objective: To assess patient satisfaction with services provided in a tertiary care hospital situated in rural Haryana.

Material & Methods: A cross –sectional study was conducted among patients (aged 18-80 years). A multistage sampling technique was used to select the respondents. A total of 450 patients attending various outdoor and indoor departments of the MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research were taken for the study purpose. A self designed, pretested, semi structured questionnaire was developed to draw the patient’s satisfaction to the health care services.

Results: Overall, 89.1% of the patients were satisfied with the services received from MMIMSR, while the remaining 10.9% were dissatisfied. Specifically, 90.9%, 78.6% and 74.6% of the patients were satisfied with patient provider relationship, medical care and information and support. However, 20.7% and 13.0% of the patients were dissatisfied with organization of care and cost of care respectively. Patients and their relatives complained about cost of drugs, delayed reports and long appointments for ultrasound and other radiological investigations.

Conclusion: With the necessary inputs from the patients and the attendants by pointing various drawbacks or deficiencies should always be taken care of by the hospital administration that will turn into a good result of improvement in the hospital services to the satisfaction of the patients.

To read the full article Peer-reviewed Article PDF image | Peer-reviewed Full Article image

Author(s): Syed Shuja Qadri Rambha Pathak Mukhmohit Singh SK Ahluwalia Shveta Saini PK Garg

Keywords

Patient satisfaction, Hospital services, Quality care

 
Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

Agri, Food, Aqua and Veterinary Science Journals

Dr. Krish

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9040

Clinical and Biochemistry Journals

Datta A

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9037

Business & Management Journals

Ronald

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Journals

Gabriel Shaw

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9040

Earth & Environmental Sciences

Katie Wilson

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

Engineering Journals

James Franklin

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9042

General Science and Health care Journals

Andrea Jason

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9043

Genetics and Molecular Biology Journals

Anna Melissa

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9006

Immunology & Microbiology Journals

David Gorantl

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9014

Informatics Journals

Stephanie Skinner

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Material Sciences Journals

Rachle Green

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9039

Mathematics and Physics Journals

Jim Willison

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9042

Medical Journals

Nimmi Anna

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9038

Neuroscience & Psychology Journals

Nathan T

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9041

Pharmaceutical Sciences Journals

John Behannon

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001Extn: 9007

Social & Political Science Journals

Steve Harry

[email protected]

1-702-714-7001 Extn: 9042

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords