700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ ReadersThis Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)
We describe a very unusual contact charcoal burn associated with acute central cord syndrome. The patient is a known case of cervical degenerative disc disease who accidentally slipped and fell down in hot charcoal with sudden neck hyperextension. This lead to acute central cord syndrome, quadriplegia, loss of sensation, and bilateral lower limb 4th degree burn requiring amputation. The case is reported to increase the awareness of burn surgeons to burns associated with central cord syndrome.
Burn, Charcoal, Central cord syndrome