alexa Abstract | Technology and education effects on labor productivity in the agricultural sector in Iran

European Journal of Experimental Biology
Open Access

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations

700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Research Article Open Access

Abstract

This article estimates the major determinants of labor productivity in the agricultural sector and investigates how effects of Technology and Education have changed labor productivity in the agricultural sector in Iran. The theoretical framework is based on this assumption that the Technical progress is divided to two sections; first section is the specified technical progress and second section is the unspecified technical progress. This study uses annual time series data (1961-2007) and unit root tests and analyze them using Auto Regressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) model by Pesaran et. al. (2001). This co-integration technique accommodates potential structural breaks that could undermine the existence of a long-run relationship between labor productivity in the agricultural and its main determinants. Together the independent variables explained 92% of the variance in the dependent variables. The remaining 8% was due to unidentified variables. In relation to that, we can conclude that explanatory power is high for the equation. It showed that one percent change Technology and Education rate lead to decrease 23% in labor productivity in the agricultural sector. Therefore Technology and Education have positive effects on labor productivity in the agricultural sector and is regarded as an important factor in labor productivity in the agricultural sector in Iran.

To read the full article Peer-reviewed Article PDF image

Author(s): Naser Ali Yadollahzadeh Tabari and Motiee Reza

Keywords

Technology and Education, labor productivity, Agricultural sector, Auto Regressive Distributed Lag (ARDL), Technology and Education, labor productivity, Agricultural sector, Auto Regressive Distributed Lag (ARDL)

 
Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords