alexa Dientamoeba fragilis Infection | Singapore| PDF | PPT| Case Reports | Symptoms | Treatment

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Dientamoeba Fragilis Infection

  • Dientamoeba fragilis Infection
    Dientamoeba fragilis is a parasite that lives in the large intestine of humans. It causes gastrointestinal upset in some people. Dientamoeba fragilis is a type of trichomonad. Trichomonads are flagellated organisms but D. fragilis lacks flagella, having secondarily 'lost' them over evolutionary time. Thus, it is an amoeba of flagellate ancestry. In point of ultrastructural and antigenic view, Dientamoeba is reclassified as a flagellate.
  • Dientamoeba fragilis Infection
    The most common symptoms are diarrhea and abdominal pain. Symptoms also can include loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea, and fatigue. The infection does not spread from the intestine to other parts of the body. duration of symptoms is greater than 1-2 months. Abdominal pain is the more common complaint. In children, pain varies with regards to location, duration, and character.
  • Dientamoeba fragilis Infection
    Metronidazole (Flagyl): Imidazole ring-based antibiotic active against various anaerobic bacteria and protozoa. Tetracycline (Sumycin): Inhibits bacterial protein synthesis by binding with 30S and, possibly, 50S ribosomal subunits. Iodoquinol (Yodoxin): Amebicide used in treatment of D fragilis. Paromomycin (Humatin): Amebicidal and antibacterial aminoglycoside obtained from strain of Streptomyces rimosus; active in intestinal amebiasis.
  • Dientamoeba fragilis has been found in most parts of the world in both rural and cosmopolitan areas (10). The prevalence of this organism in Australia varies greatly, from 0.4% to 16.8%, in patients presenting with gastrointestinal complaints, total of 6,750 patients submitted fecal specimens between March 2002 and July 2004. Sixty patients were diagnosed with D. fragilis infection from the permanent stains, giving a prevalence of infection of 0. 9%. Of the 60 patients infected with D. fragilis, six (10%) had a history of recent overseas travel; three to Southeast Asia, one to Timor, one to Fiji, and one to Papua New Guinea. The remaining 54 of 60 patients (90%) had no recent history of travel outside singapore
Expert PPTs
Speaker PPTs

High Impact List of Articles

Conference Proceedings

Top