The French Academy of Agriculture was established in 1761 by King Louis XV, as the "Agricultural Society of the Generalizing of Paris (Agricultural Society of Paris), has become" Academy of Agriculture of France "( French Academy of Agriculture) by a decree issued on February 23, 1915. It undertook to inform the government and the public on progress in all aspects of agricultural sciences, be at national or international level, as well as facilitate exchanges between scientists of different disciplines. Its scope includes agriculture, livestock, fisheries, agriculture and the sea, but also food and industrial products, machinery, environment, urban life ... as to their scientific, technical, legal, political and social. The Academy, whose signature is "Agriculture, Food and Environment", includes 120 members, 180 corresponding members of France and 60 members and 60 corresponding members from 38 countries.
The Academy is divided into 10 sections,
A regular meeting of a public meeting is held every Wednesday afternoon, unless otherwise indicated, in the premises of the Academy, 18 rue de Belle Chasse, Paris 7th. In addition, members also participate in the organization of meetings or seminars with other sister institutions or academies such as the Academy of Medicine, the Academy of Sciences, the Academy of Veterinary Sciences ... Each year the Academy distributes prizes, medals, and grants in its fields of competence.
The Academy of Agriculture of the mission of France is to contribute in the scientific, technical, economic, legal, social and cultural in agriculture and rural areas.
It was studied under the national and international aspects, issues relating to
It provides links to French and foreign institutions whose purpose is next to his own. It contributes to the history of agriculture and the rural world.