The Alberta Dental Association and College was recognized in 1906, after the development of the Province of Alberta. It was named The Alberta Dental Association before 2001. Prior to 1906, the dental profession was planned by the Northwest Territories Act.
To provides leadership to the dental profession on professional regulations & member services, & provide the public with information & services, to ensure that Albertans receive safe, appropriate, ethical & superiority dental care as an integral part of general health.
- Providing dental services for the wellness of Albertans.
- Ensuring oral health services remain safe, appropriate & ethical for all Albertans through governance
- Ensuring the resolution of difficulties occur effectively & efficiently between patients, dentists, government, industry & other health authorities
- Supporting effective resolution of health-care delivery issues to ensure that the public does not accept unsafe, inappropriate or unethical oral health services.
- Effective monitoring & support of continuing competence & capacity to practice of Alberta dentists.
- Effective communication & collaborative relationships with dentists, the community, government, industry, other dental organizations & health professionals.
- Promotion of excellence in the delivery of oral health amenities.
Code of Ethics
Each dentist practicing in the Province of Alberta is required to follow the Code of Ethics.
- Patient Autonomy & Informed Choice
- Non-maleficence (do no harm)