The name of this organization shall be the American Association of Oral Biologists. And the purpose of this organization shall be to:
- Provide a forum for the promotion of Oral Biology as a biomedical discipline, and to educate both professional and public audiences about the nature of Oral Biology.
- Promote the teaching of Oral Biology to students of dentistry, and to other health sciences students, as a fundamental part of health science education.
- Establish guidelines for programs leading to advanced education and to graduate degrees in Oral Biology.
- Encourage and promote research in Oral Biology.
- Contribute to the communication of research findings in Oral Biology, and to communication of the accepted body of knowledge in Oral Biology, to various agencies and the public.
- Provide liaison for oral biologists with the various agencies with which oral biologists interact, e.g., dental schools, the American Dental Association, the International and American Associations for Dental Research, the National Institutes of Health, the American Association of Dental Schools, and industry.
- To receive by gift, devise, bequest, or otherwise, money or other property, or any estate therein, legal or equitable, and to hold the same and distribute it, or the income therefrom, for the pursuit or promotion of the foregoing purposes.
- To pursue all appropriate activities to carry out these purposes