The American Association of Orthodontists is a professional association of educationally qualified orthodontic specialists dedicated to:
· Ethically advancing the art and science of orthodontics and dento-facial orthopedics worldwide.
· Improving the health of the public by promoting quality orthodontic care, the importance of overall oral healthcare, and advocating for the public interest.
· Educating the public about the benefits of orthodontic treatment and the educational qualifications of orthodontic specialists.
· Supporting AAO members in the practice of orthodontics.
1. To promote the highest standards of excellence in orthodontic education and practice.
2. To encourage and sponsor research to advance the science and art of orthodontics
3. To educate the public about the benefits of orthodontic treatment.
4. To provide advocacy and services that benefits the members’ pursuit of professional success.